Duck Calls and Hunting Boots- Cook Outs and What Had Happened Was...

"Where are the others?" I asked Willie as he pulled up beside me. He shrugged and told Si to get out of the truck.

"Hey, Si," I greeted as he tipped back his glass. He nodded, as if to recognize me.

"Willie, my brothers and a couple friends are comin. They bringin' the grill, some meat, some drinks and some chips," I told him. "Korie, Jessica, Missy and Mamaw Kay is coming too. Right?" he nodded as I continued to talk. "Okay, you remembered the charcoal, right?"

"Oh stop flappin' yer jahs(jaws), Anna," Jase screamed, pulling up from the trail. All I wanna know is how he knew I was talking. He pulled up beside Willie's truck and him and Missy hopped out.

"Where's Mia and Reed?" I asked Missy, but she shrugged and started grabbing stuff out the truck. She straightened up and tossed me a bag of chips.

"Shouldn't you keep up with your chillins?" I asked her.

"I should, but Reed took Mia out to get ice cream or something like that. All I know is she was pitching a fit and Reed was being a sweetie and got her out of the house," she explained.

"Well he better be coming." I sighed and sat down on my towel until I heard someone else on the path.

Why am I even worrying about this? I know everything'll go off without a hitch, that is if we actually have food this time. Yes, I did say this time. It has happened before.

"Hey, Jacey!" I yelled and ran over to Jace. I jumped into his arms and he spun me around. I grinned and wriggled out of his arms.

"Hey, Anna," he laughed. I smiled and jogged over to where Sadie, Emily,Alia and Lauren were giggling.

I sat down beside Alia. "Whatch'all talkin' 'bout?"

A round of nothing's came from everyone. I sighed and laid my head down on the table.

"Anna Cole, are you okay, chick?" Sadie asked. I shook my head. I felt an arm snake over my back, so I looked up and saw Emily hugging me.

"Are you okay?" she asked me, her brow risen in worry. I simply shook my head again and shrugged her arm off of me.

"Are you for serious asking me this?" I asked them quietly, almost inaudible. They looked at me with obvious confusion on their features. "I'm perfectly fine."

A smirk crossed Lauren's features and I had a strange urge to smack it off her pretty little face. With hesitation, I kept my arms by my side.

A smile adorned my lips as I stood up. "I should go." I left them staring wide-eyed and walked over to where Cole, John Luke and Trenton were standing.

"Hey, Anna Banana!" Trenton said with a huge smile. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist. His arm automatically snaked around my shoulders.

"Anna, wanna, bo-banna, fi fi fo fanna, Anna!" sang John Luke with a goofy smile on his face. I gave him a look that said 'you're an idiot' which caused Trent and Cole to burst out in laughter and him to pout.

"Watta baby!" I cheered. He laughed, I squeezed Trent tighter, Trent gasped and Cole laughed, too. We're weird, get over it.

"Lemme see your phone, Anna," Trent commanded and I surrendered my phone. I stood on my tiptoes to see what he was doing. he quickly turned it the other way when he realized what I was doing. "No peeking!"

When I finally got it back, I noticed the last app he was on was instagram. I scowled and clicked the app. A picture of him and the two other boys showed up with the caption, 'PLEASE DON'T KILL ME, ANNA BANANA! @trenton_james53 @Cole3Robertson @JohnLukeRobertson17.'