Chapter 2

To the VERY few readers I have:

Ohmigosh! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in FOREVA! I have an issue with my foot I've been dealing with, boy drama, testing, school trips, and assemblies have all been consuming any time I have to write. I also have to stop spending all my nights on FML and txting...ah! So anyway, i hope this will do until next time. And without further ado...CHAPTER 2 (haha finally)

Savannah's POV

Step one, get close to him.

I have devised a plan to steal Tanner, right now I'm only on step one, but don't worry, I'm getting there.

It has been a few weeks since I started school, Tanner and his girlfriend are growing further and further apart. But it has nothing to do with my plan seeing as I just thought of it a few days ago. According to Josephine, their relationship had been falling apart since before I moved to America. They all say he's too nice to break up with her and she isn't facing the fact that it's almost over.

Tanner and I have actually come fairly close. We hang out over weekends, we help each other in subjects the other is not so good at, and we tell each other a lot of things.

He's really easy to talk to and listens to me. Last weekend I took him shopping with me, he showed me the mall and fantastic stores. I needed body products and make up so he showed me this wonderful store called Bath and Body Works. We spent over two hours in there alone.

Then he brought me over to Sephora, an amazing make up store. It's like heaven in New York City.

We also talk a lot, he tells me about how annoying his girlfriend is. Tanner has been teaching me about the sports he plays, in the winter he plays ice hockey and for the rest of the year he plays lacrosse. Because its fall right now, he has to play for a traveling league he explained to me. He says he likes that better because he can meet new people and he also has more time for other things he likes to do.

Since we hang out a lot, he has been over my house, and has meet my family. They love him. After the first time he had dinner with us my mother asked me if he was gay. I laughed then thought about it, if I didn't know he was straight, I would think he was gay also.

Tanner is really funny, he's full of life and laughter. Today he decided that he wanted to roller skate across Manhattan. He comes up with the weirdest things to do, but I found it a cute idea so I agreed.

Right now we were at his pent house, his parents travel a lot he explained and his brother goes to school in California, Tanner said he's a fashion major, because of his family, he's home alone often so we decided to get ready for rollerskating here.

I wore neon make up with my brown hair straightened and in a high ponytail on top of my head, my nails were black, I was wearing a black over sized t-shirt with "That's what she said" written on it in different neon colors. I wore a light wash pair of Jean shorts, and brought over a pair of neon pink skates.

After struggling to put them on, I shouted "I'm ready!"

Tanner lifted his head from tying his skates, when he say me he laughed. "Babe, you're far from ready"

I put on a pout, "nuh huh! I'm ready and I look beautiful!"

"Very true, but your skates are on the wrong feet," he said reaching down untying each skate.

"What?! How could I ever do that, oh my gosh I haven't put skates on in so long sorry," I apologized. The truth was that I haven't skated in 17 years...my whole life. I had no idea how to skate.

"Okie dokie you're all set. Let's roll," Tanner said while grabbing my hand pulling my toward the elevator.

I was wobbling but I convinced him I knew how to ride.

Once we arrived to the elevator he pressed the lobby button and pulled me inside.

"Ding!" the elavator made a noise and opened its doors.

"Come on kid, I'll race you to Starbucks 2 blocks away," Tanner shouted, already speeding away.

"TAN! TAN!" I was yelling toward him while trying to skate out of the lobby, "TAN! TANNER!" He stopped dead in his tracks just in time to see me slip and fall on my ass.

"I don't know how to roller-skate," I mumbled so he could barely hear me.

"What was that?" Tanner replied with a smirk on his face.

"I don't know how to roller-skate," I spoke louder.

Tanner started to laugh, "I heard you the first time. Ok up we go," he said while pulling me to my feet. "It's easy, put one foot in front and push off of that one, then put the next one in front and do the same thing."

I poorly attempted to do what he was explaining to me.

"Oh it's ok squirt, I know you suck now,"

"Thanks," I returned.

"But! With my help, you'll be a pro by the end of our skate. Do you trust me?" Tanner asked me seriously.

"Yes?" I replied.

"don't question it...embrace it! Now hold on to my arm and I'll guide you."

I did what he said, and at first he just pulled me along but then I started to feel more confident and I let go.

"This feels amazing! I feel like I'm flying! Weeeeeee!!!" I screamed like a child. We were getting many weird looks from people walking by us. Whenever someone would give us a really nasty face we would return the favor by giving them the middle finger.

I was having so much fun with Tanner but all this skating was getting tiring.

"Pst! Pst! Pst!" I whispered while poking Tanner.

"Yes?"

"Can we get something to eat? I hungry," I said like a caveman while rubbing my stomach.

"Of course! Where would you like to eat?"

"Ummm let's eat at Zoom," Zoom was a new, hip, organic restaurant. I loved it.

We skated there then got a table outside and ate as we talked.

"So are you going to break up with Rachel?" Rachel was his girlfriend.

"I don't know sweetie pie, like I want to, but she's so fragile. I know I'll break her heart if I do it," Tanner explains to me.

I laugh, "Wow pretty sure of yourself there. You're that sure you're going to hurt her?"

"I hurt her every time I don't respond to her texts because I'm at practice or doing something," he responds with a bit of sarcasm. "Maybe I will just wait it out. You know like let the relationship fall apart?" He wonders while picking at his fries.

"No don't do that, and how can your relationship fall more apart than it is now?"

"I don't know. I honestly have no idea what to do Hannah."

He used his nickname for me, which showed that he was actually concerned.

"Ok well what about this, just maybe ignore her until she gets the picture?" I offered.

"No I think that will be mean. Let's not think about this now, we'll talk about it later," Tanner said.

We payed the bill then we left. And as we skated out of the cafe, Tanner grabbed my hand and held it as we skated away.