16. Goodbye

Rubie POV;

"Rubie , what are you doing here? It is 2 in the morning." Cedrick said to me as he opened the door , clearly surprised by my presence.

"What do you mean it is 2 am , you are supposed to be a vampire. You know up all night feeding on the weak in the back allies in the middle of the night." I mocked but Cedrick just furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Seriously? Have you never watched a vampire movie?" I joked.

"What do you want?" He said plainly , he had clearly had enough already and I had only been here for 30 seconds.

"Your permission." I answered , gaining confusion from him.

"My permission?"

"Yeah , well technically you did turn me into a vampire , therefore making you my Mikado. Plus I want to help you bring down Lorena!" I exclaimed.

Cedrick opened his door widely. "Wont you come on in!" He smiled.

"So what do you want my permission for?" He asked as he passed me a blood bag and a fancy cup. He knows  I don't like feeding from the vein.

"To tell my friend about us. To tell her about vampires. She already knows anyway , she was there when you healed me. I want to tell her when I say goodbye." I revealed.

"What do you mean when you say goodbye?" He questioned.

"If  I am going to help you take down a very old and very powerful vampire. Then it takes a lot a lot of training , control , power for myself. The only way that I can do that is if I if I get out of here. I cant train with 100% focus when I am so close to were I lost Dean." I admitted , tears beginning to stream down my face. "Everywhere I look I see nothing but reminders of him and I cant stay here any longer!" I began to cry harder.

"Go." Cedrick nodded. "Tell your friend and go , take as much time as you need." Cedrick smiled. Pulling me into a hug and getting rid of my tears.

~~~~

"Rubie?" Lucy said , she was confused to why I had dragged her out here to the woods. I still think she was a bit scared about what went on but she was pretending she didn't see or notice anything.

"Look Lucy you can drop the act. I know you saw something but I don't know if you are clear on what that something was.." I began she didn't reply. "It was vampires.." I then began to explain everything to her , the stories my mother told me , the story Cedrick had told me about everything that happened in his and Deans past ,  I told her everything.

"So what about now , were are you going to go?" Lucy asked me.

"I don't know , all I know is I cant stay here." I smiled.

"What about Eliza and Cassey? Cassey doesn't know anything does she?" Lucy asked me again.

"I cant say goodbye to Eliza. Cedrick promised he will protect her. Cassey doesn't know anything , that's how I am keeping it."

"She'll never know what you did. What you gave up to save her life." Lucy pleaded.

"She doesn't need to know. We both know Cassey all she will do is blame herself."