My First Day At School

Since I was trembling all night with excitement, I woke up more fatigued than a constipated rhino. My extreme exhaustion left me without balance; as a result, I tripped on thin air multiple times while heading to the bathroom. As usual, mother was worried about being on time, so I basically inhaled my breakfast.

We arrived at 6:15 am, and even though we were the first ones there, mother made sure I got an earful about being late. There I was, facing the ridiculously intimidating door. Drowning in humidity, I contemplated whether to get myself together or run as fast as my chubby legs could carry me. I knew what would be waiting behind those doors: a promise of long and endless suffering. Mustering up courage that I didn't even have, I entered the building with great consternation.

The smell of cheap paint harassed my nose, and left a strong unsettling feeling in my stomach; it was nothing a burp couldn't fix. I found a small corner to doze off in, wanting to get some rest and stop overthinking how the day would go.

"Sarah! Sarah! Sarah!" I knew that voice. My eyes fluttered open and the irritation in them was evident. Guys, this was the kind of girl you avoid! I did so as though my life depended on it! Offended by her unwanted intrusion, I glared at her for disturbing my much needed hibernation! I managed to plaster a fake smile and get back on my feet. She held out her skinny arms and waited for my embrace, which never came. If I got half a penny for every time I gave a hug, I'd be richer than my dentist. However, I'd rather live in my dad's armpit than touch this girl. "Do I have to beg?"

"No, but you do have to get on your knees." I laughed. The hallway was sufficiently packed with squeaking, excited girls. How didn't this wake me? I had no doubt I could've slept while the sun exploded.

By recess, I was exasperated, drained, and famished. After being late to all my morning classes, I got lost and ended up in the supervisor's office looking homeless. At some point, I caught up with a few friends and found my way.

Why did teachers throw the concept of getting to know each other out the window, and repeat the same basic rules for the whole lesson? That is doing the most. It may come as a surprise, but I do know how to be seated at all times and raise my hand in order to be permitted to speak. Two words: absolutely ridiculous. Nobody treats tenth graders like that.

My battles for the day were far from over. We collected an uncrackable contraption-- the locker combination thingie. And, of course, we didn't get to choose our own lockers. Nevertheless, there was an evil in that school called locker racism; they discriminated due to height. I shit you not, this was for real. I was always given the lowest locker where my head got thrashed around between people's hairy legs.

I spent the rest of my classes trying to unlock the stupid piece of rocket science. It was definitely more entertaining than hearing the consequences of being late for the millionth time, yet both enraged me.

Puzzled, I tried wrapping my head around the new building, and the new teachers that suck giraffe shit, which happens to be what they smell like. The day was worse than I imagined and if boredom didn't kill me, the frustration of trying to crack this impossible lock would!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sounds like a memorable day doesn't it? xD Now, I wrote this awhile back so excuse me if I sounded a bit dramatic and bratty. ;P I hope you guys enjoyed the story and feel free to vote and comment and all that good stuff :)! Be kind to one another and stay flawless! 

Also, THE SONG IS: hell and back by kid ink