Chapter 2

"Hello? Zoe can you hear me?" I half shouted into my speaker. God! Sometimes I hated Skype.

"Yeah, I can hear you. Stop yelling." She yelled back. It was 2 a.m. and I was supposed to be asleep, but I couldn't, my brain wouldn't stop thinking about the events of last night. I kept thing about Rayan all night, and how badly I wanted to kiss him. And this strong pull towards him is freaking me out. I mean I had crushes on guys before, but nothing as strong as this.

"Sorry... so how are you? How's school?" I asked, trying to move past the formalities so I can quickly tell her about what was eating me up.

"You know same old same old, but I wish you were here. It's boring without you."

"Yeah, I wish I was there too, I miss you guys." Okay now I wanted to cry. I missed my friends too much, and of course my family as well. But most of all, I miss having Zoe around to talk to.

"So spill Soph...what's new with you?" I loved how she cuts right to the chase.

"I met this guy..." and that was all I had to say because Zoe knew what it meant when I met a guy I liked.

"Well, tell me about him. What's the scoop?" I loved how enthusiastic she was.

"His name is Rayan, he's tall, buff, and smoking hot... with these amazing green mossy eyes that could melt your heart... and he's so sweet and funny..." I let out a little sight as I imagined him sitting in front of me.

"Wow, girl you have it bad." She whistled through the speaker.

"Argh...I know... and I've only known him for a week, what should I do?" hoping she might help me find a cure to my Rayan-holism.

"I say... see where it goes, you're in a foreign country get yourself a foreign boyfriend." Of course that was her answer.

"I'm only here for a year, I'm not gonna date him. Besides I don't think he dates." Thinking about what he told me about dating and marriage.

"Why not? Is he gay or something."

"He's not gay, they just have a different views on dating than we do. And I don't want to over step my bounds."

"Fine keep your little crush a secret until it eats you up." My friend ladies and gentleman.

"Gee thanks." I replied sarcastically.

And we spent the next hour talking just like old times.

                                                                                         *******************

When Sunday rolled around I was wide awake and ready to go. I couldn't' wait to meet up with Zaina and the rest of the gang, I needed some human contact.

As I entered my first class I noticed that Rayan was sitting in the third raw, and Zaina was nowhere in sight. I walked up to him and noticed that he was asleep, resting his head on his hand. The evil side of me was trying to find a funny way to wake him up, so I simply grabbed his hand quickly and pulled it. His head snapped down and he almost hit the desk. I couldn't stop myself from laughing as he glared at me.

"Very funny." He grumbled, in his own adorable way.

"Actually it was." I took the seat next to him and pulled out my notepad. "So where's Zaina?"

"She probably overslept, she does that allot." He commented as he slid lower in his chair.

"Lucky her." I watched as the professor come in and start his lesson.