Chapter 16: Is This the End?

Start from the beginning

"Go." I interrupted him.

"Sir?" he asked a bit confused.

"Go do it. Kill them all." I responded again.

Felix stopped pacing and just stood there looking at the screen. Locus turned and faced Felix. "Command over and out."

....................................................................
Present Day Location Unknown

After Kimball gave her inspiration speech we headed out immediately. Everyone packed into the pelicans and took off.

"You ready?" Caboose said over the comm channel.

I half smiled. "Of course. But are you?"

He responded. "I hope for the best for you and Arizona."

"Thanks Caboose. Everyone be careful we don't need a gain one and loose one situation." I said than turned to Ana. "Wash over and out."

She was loading her pistol. She always looked so hot when she did that before going to battle. I smiled. "Still do that?"

She looked up, chuckled, than back down. "Yeah still."

"Before going in can I ask you something?" I asked walking towards her.

She looked up shifted a bit when she noticed I was walking towards her. "Yeah."

"How did..." I gulped feeling a knot form in my chest and a block in my throat. "How did John and Athena died?"

I could feel the room just tense. She didn't say anything for a bit. "Um...well." She placed her gun down in it's place. She sighed. "Athena she...she was ripped apart."

"Where?" Tears were forming in my eyes just imagining her like that killed.

"At Josie's house. York was going to pick her up when he called and told me to hurry there." She said looking down. "John he was home...." her voice cracked. "I was home. I heard something in his room like something falling. It was hard to make out. So I got up out of bed than headed to his room. It was quite than a muffled scream. I grabbed the doorknob and try to budge but something was in the way," she looked at me. "I don't know how I opened it but all I remember was holding our son in my arms crying. Blood on my hands. That I was devastated, angry, and even confused. Than finding out days later my own friend family killed all my other family members. It killed me. When Maine came and tried to kill me I was happy. Happy that I was going to join you and the kids." She stopped looking back down. I could tell she was crying by the way she moved. She talked.

I looked at her letting the tears fall off my face. "I am sorry," she looked up. "I should have been there for you. When I went to our kids grave stones I sat there crying the whole time wishing I was there next to you through it all. Knowing that you'd never forgive me for what I've done. To all of you."

She didn't say anything but stare. "Dav..."

"We are landing in 2 guys." The pilot said.

We both looked up than back at each other. Ana sighed. "Well we better be ready than." She said walking towards me placing her hand on the side of my helmet.

She looked down than walked around me having her hand slide off. I stood there for a bit than turned to face her waiting for the door to open.

"5....4....3....2....1....Mark!" the door opened up slowly showing the temple where the key was.

The pelican was lowering to have us just jump out. Ana and I hopped out landing in front of the temple door. "We are at the temple now Carolina." I said over the comm channel.