Chapter One

Barbara Flashback

He was just sitting on the ground looking like there was nothing left to live for. I knew that look because I wore the same one when my parents died. His red and gold costume was covered in blood and his was wearing my dad's over sized jacket across his small shoulders. "You can do two things Barbara, I thought, keep standing here creepily or talk to him, but before my brain could make a choice I was standing in front of him.

"Hi" I said softly.

"Hi" he said back. He was just staring at me with his big blue eyes, waiting for me to do something so I took a big breath and began to speak. 

"I know you miss your parents and you always will but crying over them is not what they would have wanted. I know I didn't know them but I bet they would have wanted you to be happy."

He just started at me for a second before he spoke, "Your right about my parents......they would have wanted me to be happy. Thanks by the way for not asking me to 'talk about my feelings' I'm serious if I heard that phrase one more time I was going to smack someone." I sat down next to the boy

"I know right? Like why are people so crazy about knowing how we feel? Is it not clear that we are sad but,  you know what's the worst? When random people try give you food."

"YES!," he said starting to smile", I have been offered two bananas and half a turkey sandwich so far." We just smiled at each other until he broke the quite. "My name is Richard Grayson but you can call me Dick."

"My name is Barbara Gordon but you can call me-"

"Babs," he finished" can I call you Babs? 

"Yes," I said with a smile. Little did I know this would be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Present Day

Dick's POV

FINALLY IT'S LUNCH!!! After boring classes and lessons we have reviewed 50 BILLION times my brain needs a break. I grab my lunch box, run outside to the lunch tree, and climb up quick as a Flash. (God, I've been spending too much time with Wally) I start to eat my ham sandwich but before long I am joined by a head of flaming red hair.

"Hey Boy Blunder you beat me up here today," Babs said. 

"Yep," I reply.

"Soooooooo," she says, "I was wondering if you wanted to go to Miss Maggie's after school today. We haven't gone there in, forever."

Miss Maggie's Ice Cream Parlor has the best ice cream in the world. My personal favorites are the red velvet milkshake or splitting the brownie sundae with Babs. All I wanted to say was, Duh it's Miss Maggie's, when do I not want to go there or let's make it a date, but sadly the words that come out of my mouth were "Sorry Babs I have a mission with the team right after school."

Babs looks away like seeing me hurts her and mummers "it's fine" under her breath. Babs hops out of the tree and starts to walk back to school.

"Where are you going," I ask.

"I need to talk to one of my teachers, see you later Dick." For a split second I see tears forming in her sky blue eyes before she turns around and continues walking. I just made Barbara cry. "I'm sorry Babs," I whisper to myself. 

It's times like this where I wish it was just  me and Babs again, don't get me wrong I love the team but Babs is more than my best friend. She is my partner in crime fighting and..............okay I admit it, I love her. Not as a friend or a sister, as the girl that drives me insane, when I close my eyes I see her smile, when she hugs me I never want to let go. 

I grab my lunch box and begin walking back to school. I wish that Babs and I, for a little bit, were the only people in the world because if we were we could be happy again...together. 

END

Sorry if that sucked the next chapter will be less boring. In the next chapter Black Canary is going to have a POV. I will post it once ONE person comemnts (and I finish writing). Until than, stay whelmed.