thrēē

I woke up the next morning feeling literally like crap. I hadn't responded to any of Ian's texts, scared that he would notice something was wrong and constantly attempt to get it out of me.

I got to my locker early this morning, wanting to take the longer way to class to avoid Christian. Honestly, I have no idea what had gotten into me the night before. I guess I was just fulfilling the gaps in my relationship; nothing that romantic ever happens when i'm with Ian. We barely ever make out.

Slamming my locker door shut, I began to walk down the hallway. I felt so... paranoid. I kept looking left and right out of the corners of my eyes, feeling like everyone was staring at me. Like everybody knew I did something wrong. I felt so guilty.

I turned the corner and saw my math class. I hesitantly walked in, trying not to glance at Christian's side of the room. Today was a lesson day, thank god; I wouldn't have to meet up with him to study during this period.
I set down my books and listened in on the lesson, writing down notes and example problems. I kept daydreaming about how furious Ian would be if he found out what happened last night. I wonder if he would break up with me, or scream at me until my dad would have to tell him to get out, or even just ignore me for a month.

"Psst. Alex."

I picked my head up and looked around.

"Alex."

I glanced to my right when Mr. Falkland was writing something on the board to find a girl two seats over trying to get my attention. I don't really know her that well, but I think her name is Patricia.

"What?" I whispered back.

Patricia gave the boy next to her a slip of paper and the boy passed it on until it got to me.
I opened it up under my desk.

I didn't come for a fight but I will fight till the end
And this one might be a battle, might not turn out okay
You know you look so Seattle but you feel so LA
And I love the way you hurt me
It's irresistible, yeah
I love the way, I love the way
I love the way you hurt me, baby
I love the way, I love the way
I love the way you hurt me, baby

Confused, I flipped the piece of paper over to look for anymore writing. There was another scribble on the back that I made out to say, Irresistible, Fall Out Boy.

Shoving the paper back into my pocket, I looked around the room to see if anyone was looking at me as loud crumpling sounds filled the room.
Mr. Falkland was writing out the homework. He didn't seem to care, and nobody else did either. My eyes fell on Christian and we made eye contact.

This boy and his green eyes.

The bell rang and I was thankfully the first person out of class. I rushed to my locker, emptying my pocket, throwing away the note, and getting my books for the next class I had.
I shut my locker and turned around, keeping my head down low. That was a mistake, though.

My books fell on the floor and made the loudest sound. I'd collided with someone, but I didn't do anything besides apologize and pick up my books. When I stood up, Christian was staring at me with a guitar in his hand.

"Don't say sorry, it was my fault," he said.

"It's okay," I stated, and turned around whilst avoiding eye contact. I started to walk towards my class when I heard the strum of an acoustic. The entire hallway stopped what they were doing to keep their eyes on Christian. I didn't dare turn around as a melody was created, and he started to play Kid in Love by Shawn Mendes.