Chapter 2

I was at the airport now with my father who just told me I was going in a private jet like that would make the situation any better. I was doubting my own decision right now, if me agreeing to this was really a good idea. Whether it was or not it was too late to go back to base one.

I really hated him for fucking my life up.

"Don't" I spat.  How is he going to act like the perfect father in the eyes of the public? He really does know how to act in front of everyone no doubt about that. "Save it. We both know you're playing along with whatever plan you have planned of me when I land in New York."

I dismissed myself from the heated conversation that was growing into an argument with my deluded father and made my way up to my private jet. I must admit the thought of being inside a private jet was mind blowing considering I wasn't even close to being middle class, so my father telling me he rented it because he wanted me to enjoy my flight was top bullshit and he knew I wasn't buying it but then again he also knew that I wasn't going to do anything about that and that I would follow him up on his request. Because that's what I always do.

As soon as I was in the air and I was free to do what I please, I grabbed my phone from my hand bag and dialed Aaliyah's number.

"What do you want exactly?" She hissed.

Ouch! she really was pissed off at me for leaving her hanging.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked knowing that she was fuming at me for not explaining everything to her. But I know she knows that I couldn't delay my father or I would have another bruise somewhere on my body.

"You just left me hanging to do what... pack for your vocation to New York that lets not forget your evil, old, abusive drug addict father planned and you agree to it because you allow yourself to get treated in a horrible way!" She was sniffing and crying by the end of it which had me in tears myself "I love you Mel but you're letting that old bastard control you life!" I whipped away the tears that rolled down my face as she gave her speech to me. She really is right. Fuck she's always right! "But then again, I'm a bloody hypocrite because I'm sitting in my room knowing I have exactly sixty-four days until I am married to my fiancée! WHOP WHOP! I'm so exacted! Thank you so much father!" Her sarcasm was actually entertaining as it made me laugh my ass of at such a bad moment.

"What are we doing with our lives Aaliyah?" I asked all seriously.

"We certainly ain't living it if that's what you are trying to imply Mel" she answered and I could hear her mum and dad arguing in the background."My dad came to see me today you know after last weeks lunch with him I pretty much don't want to see him again."

"Is it about you again?" This is the second time I've hear them arguing.

"Yes, and it's about me marrying Zack." She bluntly said almost like she had no care in the world that she was marrying a guy that she went primary school with and know ever since they were what? 14 before he had to move cities.

"Oh, does your mum not support the idea of you marrying him?" I questioned trying to get comfortable on this chair. "Wine madam?" This young male asked me pouring me a cup when I nodded. "Merci"

"This funny cause you remember when she said she'll never force me to do something I don't want?" I stupidly nodded as if she could see me right now. "Mm" I mumbled shortly after face palming myself "Well, I established that was bull poop!"

"Well I wish you luck with your situation and pray he's gone hotter" I laughed "Babes it's getting dark already and I'm fucking tried" I yawed

"Wait how do you even have service up there to call me? I swear that's not even allowed?" She's one smart mouthed child you know! You can never hide something from her. "I'm kinda in a private fucking jet!"