Chapter six

I wake up to a warm house again. I can get used to this. I feel someone poking me. I snap my head over, I realize I slept walked into the living room because I'm on the couch. I see Emily smirking at me.

"Lacey. Go get ready. I need you to come to the store with me." she smiles.

I reach up and touch my face. I feel so ugly. "O-okay."

"If anybody says anything, I'll get them." Emily smiles.

I smile and go into Paul's room. I put out some clothes and put them on. I go into the bathroom in Paul's room. I brush my hair and pull it into s ponytail. I just stare at my face in the mirror. A year rolls down my cheek. I gently trace the scars with my fingers.

I go into Paul's room and put my shoes on. Paul is gone. I just now noticed. I just shake my head and go to the living room.

"You ready?" Emily asks with a smile.

"Yeah." I say unsure.

Emily hugs me and we go out to her jeep. And here comes Paul with my siblings. I shake my head and get in the jeep. He usually makes me feel pretty of the morning, like he didn't any good this morning. He looks at me with disgust. He's looking at my face. I look down and a tear falls onto my leg.

"I'll be right back." Emily says before going in. I say to talk to Sam about how Paul looked at me with a scar.

My pull to him is gone. I feel it when Embry is around. He hasn't been here for a while. I miss seeing him. I feel a tug towards him when he is here....

All of a sudden, Emily is in the jeep and Sam is yelling and cussing at Paul. I lay my head back as Emily goes to drive off. I don't want to show my face off.

"We're getting Embry too." she smiles.

I smile as she pulls into another set of woods. She pulls up to Embry's cabin. He runs out and he gasps when he sees my face.

"What happened?!" He asks getting angry.

"Paul. they were playing. She phased and he didn't know. Now the idiot is disgusted with her." Emily replies simply.

"Damn. Well, you still look beautiful, Lacey." Embry smiles. I feel the tug.

:Embry:

I think I've found my imprint. I love Lacey Clearwater so much. I really do. No lie. I like her a lot. I feel a tug towards her. I wonder if Lacey feels the same way.

:Lacey:

I am still in front with Embry in the back. I feel ten times happier with him close to me. I can't tell you how much he makes me feel better.

At the store, I take off running inside with Embry right behind me. Emily is laughing at our ignorance behind us. I giggle and I stop running and wait on these two people. Once they're caught up, we go to the food part of this walmart. She gets one cart load of meat and another cart load of side things and snack foods. I have sugar teeth barely ever. I don't really like a bunch of sugary foods.

We check out and the woman has a look of shock on her face when she sees all the meat. When she sees Embry, her eyes fill with lust almost instantly. A growl escapes my throat. Where'd that come from?! Uh oh. Maybe I do like Embry. He's my actual imprint? Ahhh!!! I mentally scream at myself for not noticing this sooner.

Embry pays for the food when he price is about $150.99. I put some change in on it and Embry denies it. I do it anyways. "It's a tip." I tell the girl who is checking Embry out.

"Thank you." she sends me a cold glare. I shrug it off and help Emily bring the stuff outside to the jeep.

We drive to Sam's and Sam is still yelling and cussing at Paul. Omg.

"What's going on here?" Embry asks.

"Sam's mad because of how Paul looked at Lacey. He looked at her face with disgust." Emily replies.

"Wow." Embry gets mad and gets out to join Sam.

I just bite my lip as I help Emily pack the food inside the cabin. Seth takes some from my hands and helps too. I smile at my little brother and put some bags on the table. Leah brings the rest in. I hear Sam and Embry cussing at Paul, their yelling still too.

After supper, which he had chicken and mashed potatoes, I go to the bathroom and put some pajamas. I go in Paul's room and bring my clothes into the living room.

"Lacey, in going to build you a room tomorrow." Sam says.

"And I'm bringing you shopping." Emily smiles.

"Okay." I smile wide.

I lay back on the couch and Emily puts a quilt over me. Embry makes a pallet beside me and smirks at me. I laugh and roll over. I instantly fall asleep, I feel safe with Embry beside me.