Error Messages (Cryaotic)

The leather of his chair shifted slightly under his body as his back arched and arms stretched. A content mix of a moan and sigh escaped him as he moved his arms, allowing aching muscles to stretch. The man lowered his arms and rubbed at his eyes, sliding glasses back into place before resting his hand on his mouse and the keyboard where they belonged.

“Come on Cry, Where’s the new video?” He mumbled to himself, clicking on programs and opening them up. The night before he had fallen asleep before his video was finished being pieced together, making him somewhat irritated as he moved the mouse around, dragging in clips and text. What annoyed him even more was the fact he had slept in too. It was almost three in the afternoon, slightly later than he had wanted to be awake but, on the bright side, he had woken at least.

He stifled a yawn as he worked, dragging in text, cutting out little things that didn’t need to be there when a sound that he dreaded played through his headphones.

The error sound.

His hands weaved into his hair as he let out an irritated groan, expecting himself to watch his video vanish from the screen but it didn’t. Instead, a small error window displayed with a simple message of “Hello”

“What...?” Cry’s eyes narrowed as he studied the text. Sighing, he clicked the exit button and moved back into the editing window, continuing his work. The same sound echoed again in his headphones, making him pause as another message popped up.

“Are these working? Can you see this?”

“Stupid messages” Cry cursed, closing it again and attempting to return to his almost complete video. The possibility of malware in his computer lurked in his mind, irritating him. He’d run a scan after. Dragging the last few clips for an outro, the sound pinged again, making Cry grit his teeth.

“Hey, Are you there?”

“The hell...?” Cry was growing annoyed now, closing the little error window and clicking back into the editing one last time before hitting save and export. The file saved and the conversion began, making the man sigh in some contentment at knowing he would manage to upload today, if a little late.

About halfway through the conversion, the error played again.

“Come on, don’t play this game with me”

“What the hell is this?” His irritation only just lurked below his skin as he opened up his computer’s virus protection, setting it to run a scan. His eyes widened as it found nothing wrong at all.

“What the hell is going on?” Confusion was rife in his mind as he tore off his headphones and set them on the desk, moving away from the computer and into the kitchen, taking a glass of water and downing it quickly, hoping that his mind was fooling him as sleep still lurked in his brain. He could feel it there, tugging at his sharp thoughts and dulling them by a fraction. A sigh left his lips as he turned and moved back to his room, sitting down in that comfortable chair and slipping the headphones on once more.

“Are you going to talk?”

“What...” Words just failed the American as he exited the window. His exported video sat on his desktop, making him sigh in relief. “Let’s get this over with” He mumbled as he began the uploading process, leaning back in his chair as the progress bar slowly crawled along.

“Hey!”

Cry’s mouth changed to a frown as he stared at the message on the computer.

“Hey why aren’t you talking to me?”

“Stupid...” The word was muttered under his breath as he leaned forward slightly to click the exit button in the corner of the window. As soon as it vanished, another appeared.