Bad Boy : Intro

Introduction

3 years earlier

Savvyn

"You promised me , week after week, that you were going to bring my money .... But where is it ?" She asked calmly. My mother was tied to a chair sweating and breathing heavily as her boss , Trina , paced in front of her , playing with a blade in her hand.

"Answer me Sandra..." She said , stopping in front of my mother , her tall stature was beyond intimidating . Not only that, but she was built like a man. Tattoos covered on each sleeve of her arms , bulging biceps and triceps. Her hair had little budding dreads that made her uglier than her attitude . These features could make anyone afraid of her. But not my mother..

Trina laughed lowly and slapped my mother across the face. Hard. I winced as I closed my eyes. Hearing the slapping sounds continuously . As much as I wanted to help , I couldnt do anything about the situation. Security guards had me strapped down to this chair in a corner of the room. Once the slapping ended , I opened my eyes. Seeing my mothers busted face , she looked up towards me . Once Trina trailed where she was staring at . She smirked devishly and walked up next to my chair. She ripped the duct tape from off my arms and my mouth, with no mercy. Which brought excruciating pain , causing me to yelp. She grabbed me by my elbow and dragged me out of the chair. Trina shoved me to the ground in front of my mother and stomped her heavy foot into the small of my back. I was so afraid .

" Get off of her you fucking bitch !" my mom growled . Ive never seen her so angry . Trina laughed and removed her foot from off of my back . She untied my mother and began to attack her.

" Savvyn run ! Ill find you later!" my mom yelled to me. I looked around the room and ran to this steel door. It was too heavy for me to move. I was trying my hardest to ignore the altercation between the 2 as I searched for an exit. I then spotted a cracked open window, there was a table under it. God is good. I ran to the table and climbed on top of it. I pushed the window open, and squeezed through. I fell onto the fire escape. I looked down seeing the dangerous streets of Chicago. Realizing that if I would've fell off , I would've been over. I soon saw my mother crawl out the window.

"Take this address, in case something might happen to me. Go straight to your Aunt Nina's house . Don't say a word to her about this. " My mother instructed .

She tightened the straps on my backpack . "I love you baby girl." She kissed my forehead , then a tear rolled down her cheek.

" I love you too mom." I replied. I still didn't fully understand the concept as to why she was crying... Shes not going to die , and Im not going to die .

Well, thats what I thought for the moment .

We then continued running .

Running in the cold , icy air. I could still hear them behind us in their big trucks. Chasing us like we were animals.

I know your wondering who Im referring to. Trina sicced her guards on me and my mother. We were now running down the street.

My clothes were all wet and cold. From the blood . They threw glass at us from their trucks . All I want to do is go home.

But there isn't any .

"Savvyn ! Keep running ! Don't come back for me !"

My mother yelled behind me.

She must've fell or slowed down. I didn't look back . I was too busy running & thinking. My mind was scrambled.

As soon as I turned the corner , I lost them. At least I thought I did . I stopped to catch my breath. Then -

"POW!" One gunshot .

"POW!" . Theres another.

The sound was so ear piercing and unexpectant. I knew they were close by. Slowly .. I peeped around the corner. To see my mothers body , lying lifeless on the concrete .

Blood gushing out of her head & mouth.

Her eyes were open & still. Looking in my direction. The sight did something to me, I was about to faint, but I didn't. Tears stung at my eyes painfully. No matter how hard I wanted to cry , I stayed silent. The guards who were chasing after us went searching through her . Digging through her purse , pockets , everywhere.

"Andrew , shes clean , lets go before the cops come ." One of them said .

With that, they ran off. I didn't know I was holding my breath until they ran off. I was sort of hyperventilating. I couldn't stop crying. I walked to her body and fell to my knees.

"Oh , mama." I cried, I was having mixed emotions. I was angry, hurt ,& I was so sad.

"Why'd you have to be in this?" I whispered , as if she was listening. I pounded her chest repeatedly.

"WHY?!" I hollered. I started crying hard. Soon , I heard the faint sound of police sirens, getting closer and closer. I wiped my tears away and started getting her valuable things. Cards , pictures , money. I closed her eyes with my fingers. Choking up again, I got up off my knees and took one last look at my mother.

Policemen were already here , I ran off and away from the scene to a nearby gas station. I got funny glares from people but , I didn't care. I went to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. Blood was all over my clothes & my hair was a mess. I took my backpack off and changed. I rinsed my faced. Combed my hair. I threw the bloody clothes into the garbage.

It took me a little while to regain my composure . Once I did , I got my things and looked at the address my mom gave me.

Time for a new start.