Chapter 2: Rendezvous

This chapter is particularly long because I have been doing a horrible job keeping up with this fanfic. I'm so sorry! My phone broke and I've had to snatch my mom's phone just to write it! I hope you all enjoy this! And also, thank you for showing some interest. I've never written and shared anything to the public, so your kind words mean a lot!!

Norma gasped. She was frightened by the look Norman gave her. Her heart pacing by the second, she tried to ignore it. She nodded her head side to side.

"Honey, you shouldn't just stand there on the stairs like a psycho. It's creepy. You almost gave me a heart attack," her hands laying on her chest.

"Sorry. Why are you up so early, mother. I was heading down to open up the motel."

"Oh, I couldn't sleep." Norma walked into the kitchen. Norman followed her curiously with his hands in his front pockets.

"Who were you talking to out there?!"

" it was just Alex. He was so kind. Can you believe he brought us a boatload of customers from his work? You better get down there. They are waiting to check in." Norma smiled because she knew how much he cared for her. She did as well, though for now, she thought, the only man in her life would be Norman and Dylan.

"Do you want me to bring you some breakfast?!"

"No, mother. I better get down then. Emma will be here any minute."

"Alright sweety. Also, don't forget to do your homework. You can't go to the fair if you haven't gotten it done. I didn't set this whole homeschooling shenanigans so that you can play with those dead animals all day."

" mother it's art," he chuckled and nodded. As he walked towards the door, he closed it shut. It made a louder sound than it should have.

Norma walked up to the sink. She looked down, closed her eyes, and reminisced about everything that has happened. She felt lucky to have Alex as a friend. She was glad he came over for dinner the other night. Ever since he has moved out of the motel, she has not felt safe anymore.

Norma had too much on her plate. She couldn't afford pine view. It was important and her duty as a mother to find a place that would be perfect for her little boy. He does not deserve to be in a trashy place where the patients are abandoned and not looked after. But for now, she just had to get through the day and prepare for her date with Alex. AHEM.. *Friendly meet up!*

Norma had a hard time choosing the best meal to cook. She wanted something elegant. Perhaps, a nice pasta and salad; although, she felt Alex was more of a steak kind of man. As she thought long and hard, she believed it was best to prepare a steak carbonara.

Norma almost forgot that she had to run a few errands before her dinner with Alex. She quickly put on a floral dress and some flats, and headed down to the motel office.

"Norman, honey! I'm going to run a few errands for the motel. If you need anything, give me a call or text." She was hesitant to leave for some reason. Every time she saw her sweet little boy's face, she was reminded of pine view.

"Mother," said Norman. "Emma hasn't come to the office today. I've tried her cell, but she wouldn't pick up. I'm worried."

Norma turned around. "Well, that's unlike Emma." She turned her head to the side. " I'm... I'm sure she's just fine. The poor girl is allowed to have one day off."

"Then why does her phone go straight to voice mail, mother," Norman said with more attitude. It seems that these days Norman is quick to get an ornery attitude.

Norma was quick to reply, " Norman stop acting so immature. She's fine-Alright?! I'll go by her house if that will make feel better. I'm going to leave now." As Norma walked away she noticed that Norman was continually staring at her."