Altair x Assassin!Reader

@JessDeWitt

-

With a thud, you entered the bureau through the roof, the warming sun following you in as you landed gracefully and effortlessly upon the rugged floor. Pushing yourself up, you made your way inside the bureau where Malik stood behind his desk.

"Ah [Y/N], it's good to see you, have you completed the mission?" He asked, his face beaming upon your arrival, and you pulled down your hood releasing the [H/C] hair that was tucking in beneath.

"Mhm, though that bastard Demir was slippery I have to say," You sighed as you placed down the bloodied feather that you held tightly in your grasp.

"Aren't they all?" Malik smirked at you, and you stifle a breathy laugh that escaped your nose, "Anyway, I won't be long, I just need to finish this log for Mentor on our progress then I'll give you another mission,"

"Thank you Malik," You gave him a slight bow before you began to wander the bureau, you eyes gazing up at the many books and terracotta pots full of supplies.

A loud grunt came from the other room, which caught your attention as you watched Altair stumble in to the main room. His clothes stained with fresh blood, which was undoubtedly his own.

"Christ Altair! What have you done?" Malik scolded, his eyes like flames as he looked over Altair's form, blood dripping to the floor.

"Robert de Sablè's men were all to keen to draw some blood," Altair held tight to his wound, a wince escaping his lips as he put more pressure onto it to try and stop the bleeding, "I barely escaped,"

"Let me guess, the whole city is on high alert?" Malik asked coldly, and when Altair nodded, Malik instantly snapped, "You good for nothing-"

"How can I help it hm?" Altair spat.

"Be more careful! Don't be so brash in how you go about things!"

"Oh thats easy for you to say," Altair glared at Malik. Instantly you began to feel uncomfortable about your unwanted presence. But seeing no way to leave discreetly, you remained where you were, reading the titles of the books upon the shelves.

"I bet [Y/N] here could have done a better job than you!"

You cringed, knowing now you had been pulled into the argument by Malik. Your eyes lifted to the two men seeing them glance momentarily over to you before turning back to each other once more to continue their argument. Your jaw clenched.

"If you're going to act like a novice, then you can be treated like one! Sit in there until I can be bothered to talk to you again!" Malik ordered, and with a grunt, Altair turned and walked into the other room, muttering profanities under his breath.

Malik caught your eye apologetically, and your gave him a thinned smile, "Sorry about that,"

"It's fine," You shook your head, "I'll go see to his wounds,"

With a nod from Malik, you gathered some bandages and a bucket of water, then made your way tentatively into the other room where Altair was inspecting his wounds. The sound of the sloshing water made your presence known, and his head lifted up to look at you.

"Oh [Y/N]" He said as he winced out and once more looked down at his wound, "Has Malik ordered you to take care of me?"

"No Altair, I offered," You sighed as you set the bucket down beside him. A small hidden smirk appeared across his face, and without word, he began to take his jacket and shirt off. Your cheeks involuntarily reddened to an almost crimson colour, the heat becoming almost unbearable, and you instantly averted your eyes.

"What? Have you never seen a man half naked before?" He teased, which did nothing to help the obvious blush that spread across your whole face. With a deep inhale, you fell down to yours knees beside him.

"I'm sorry, you're too easy sometimes [Y/N]," He chuckled and watched you intently as you began to ring out the wet cloth. However, his smile instantly fell as you went about cleaning his wound. With a grit of his teeth, he groaned out at the sudden sting that raged through his side, "Fuck!"

You knew better than to stop, and so ignoring his cries, you continued. Once clean, you put the dirtied cloth into the bucket, the bloodied water sloshing as you did so. Altair watched you once more with drowsy eyes as you began to cover the freshly cleaned wound with bandages, "You have a magic touch..."

Your eyes lifted, meeting his halfway and you gave him an unsure, yet sweet smile, "I try,"

"I may have to ask you to clean up all my wounds," He chuckled but as he did, he winced out.

"Thats going to be a lot of bandaging then," You giggled. Rising up to your feet, you padded over to the main room, but before you could disappear out of sight, Altair called out to you.

"[Y/N]... thank you,"