Arno x Reader

Here you go @Emi_Lou2001

I hope you like this, I know it took me a while to create but I am pretty happy with the outcome and I hope you are too.

—-

Arno x Reader

The streets roared with rioting, upheaval and violence. It engulfed you in a sense of unity knowing that the people around you harvested the same anger that boiled within you and they too had to pay high taxes, whereas the rich folk did not. Rifles and swords rose in the air as the bellows and yells raged through the city. You followed the throngs of people through the streets and all around was angered expressions of the citizens of Paris, all with their fists in the air in protest against the King's greed.

You had enough of not being able to feed yourself and feeling the pains of hunger until Arno visited with a bit of bread and fruit, where you would devour the food he gives you like a dog. Every time it bit away at your dignity knowing that Arno sees you live like a peasant and starve like the poor. You didn't want to live this way, if you could, you would happily dine at a fancy table with all the food you could wish for and dress in pretty dresses. But that wasn't going to happen any time soon.

No. You had to live in a small room above a shop floor on your own, with nothing but the cold and the comforts of your bed to keep you company. You had no posh clothes or elegance about you. You had nothing but your blue cotton dress and a shawl to cover your body. That's the effects of taxes. That's what brought you amongst the protesters.

The crowd of people seemed to come to a halt outside the gates of the Palais de Justice. Extremist guards dressed in red and black looked upon them with blood thirsty eyes. A pang of fear struck you as the guards began to usher people to leave or else they would kill everyone who still remains. In a way, you believed their word as you knew just how murderous they were. You had seen the workings of Extremists and it wasn't pretty.

An explosion of gunpowder triggered an eruption of screams of terror and the whole street turned into the beginnings of a blood bath. Men fought and women ran for their lives. Red coated Extremists taunted the ones they looked down upon and all the while, you were stood there froze in fear. One minute you were marching with a passion due to your starvation, then now, you were in the middle of a battle for liberation. How the hell did it turn out like this?

In a way, you should have known it would have ended like this, almost every other riot had turned protesters into lifeless bodies, limp in their own warm blood. Times were tough during the time of the revolution, but it all came down to one reason... the need for freedom. And you were willing to fight for what was right.

As you turned on your feet to run back into the safety of your own home, you were faced with a rifle aiming straight for your face. The man wielding the musket rifle contained an expression of death and concentration, as though you were nothing but a pig for slaughter. However, before you heard the ear piercing bang of the musket, a shadow cast over you and everything had blacked out.

Now you weren't sure if you had died or not, seeming as no light could be seen through your lidded eyes. But you could still feel the cocoon you had been engulfed in. As you opened your eyes, a familiar attire of blue and red welcomed your eyes and Arno's ebony eyes looked down upon you with his arms wrapped around your figure. Within a matter of seconds, his large hand had grabbed yours and he pulled you along the street until both of you were finally free from the threat of the Extremists.

There you both had stopped and Arno immediately pulled you closer to him as his eyes wandered over your face. Your panting form could only flourish in his arms, a feeling of entity between you both overcame you and immediately made you feel safe again.

"[y/n], are you okay?" Arno asked, his voice nothing but a mere whisper as his gloved hand lifted your chin so he can check over your face. Your [e/c] eyes gazed into his which were misted with worry.

"I'm fine Arno," You replied, your voice just as quiet as his as you stood there trying to catch your breath. You were quite shook up, but now you were in Arno's presence, you felt safe as though his very being could keep you from any harm or threat.

"What are you doing amongst the riot? You know it's dangerous?" Arno's brows frowned at the thought of him not getting there in time and seeing you lifeless on the ground. He was thankful that he got there at the right time to pull you away when he did, otherwise the lead ball would have gone straight into your chest and you would have fell to the ground, plummeting to your death. Even the thought of it made both of you shudder in fright.

"I'm sick of it Arno! I'm sick of not being able to feed myself and relying on you to bring me food because you feel pity for me," You exclaimed, "I just want to be able to live contently and not feel like I'm dying of starvation!"

"[y/n] I don't bring food because I pity you, I do it because I love you and I don't want to see you suffer," Arno spoke out, and with that you froze, not because of everything he said, but the 3 words that stood out amongst all the rest.

"Y-You love me?" You stuttered out. With a blush, Arno nodded and looked away from you to try and withhold the flustering of his skin. In a way, it made you smile knowing that it is a sensitive topic for Arno and that he does not talk about love so easily.

Your hand reached up to his stubbly cheek and you gently pulled his face to look at you, his eyes were as brown and as sweet as chocolate, and you wanted to indulge yourself in them. His own eyes wondered into your [e/c] eyes, seeing straight into them as though he could read your every thought. With that, he leaned in, closing in to a mere inch so that his hot, sweet breath could be felt on your skin.

With a spark that had been eager to ignite ever since you first met, your lips crashed together. Your heart panged followed by a desirable ache of the heart, telling you that this was right and that you didn't want anything more than to be right in that moment. Your hands snaked around his neck, pulling him gently closer, and you raised to your tip toes. His gloved hands went to the bottom of your back as he brought you even closer. By now, both lips and bodies were so close that it was simply impossible to get any closer. Your beings moulded together to create unity. He pulled away, breathing heavily above you.

"I love you, Mademoiselle [y/l/n],"

"And I love you Monsieur Dorian,"