o n e

I hugged my best friend, Amanda, one last time. Today is the day I move to North Carolina. I can't believe this is the last time I get to hug her til Christmas. I squeeze her tight and she does the same.

"I'm really going to miss you." Amanda said still hugging me tight.

"I know. I'm going to miss you, too." I started to tear up.

"Hey, today is a day of happiness. No tears. I mean come on, its not everyday that you see a family as adventorous as yours." she smiled wiping the single tear that had fallen.

"You always make things better."

"Em, it's time to go." my mother called.

"I'll text you." I said walking to the van.

"Okay." she waved goodbye.

I got in the front seat and pull out my phone. I grabbed my ear buds out of my purse and put them in.

I let myself drift in to a soft dreamless sleep.

FIVE HOURS LATER

"Wake up!" my mom yelled.

"Huh," I mumbled.

"Get up! We're here." my mom smiled.

I rubbed my eyes and looked out the window. It was a beautiful two-story brick house with a nice front yard.
I admit it was beautiful, but that doesn't change my mind about not wanting to be here.

"Can we go back?" I asked my mom.

"Stop being ungrateful! Your father worked hard to.get enough money to pay for this house and our needs. You should b thanking him." my mom scolded.

"He's not even here, yet." he was going to be coming later. He had to pick up the Uhaul and then pack it.

"Go look inside. I bet you'll like it." my mom did truly want me to be happy, but she always goes along with whatever my father says.

I shrugged and walked up the three front steps.

It was a normal house on the inside. There were some stairs at the edge of the foyer and a hallway leading to a living room. I walked to the right and found the kitchen. It was a nice sized kitchen.

This house wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I turned back and went up the stairs.there were three doors on the right and two on the left. I opened the first one on the right. It was a bedroom. I decided to put my stuff down in there and just claim it.

"I found my room!" I yelled as I heard my mom come in the door.

"Okay good!" my mom half heartedly said.

"Well I'm going to g lock myself in there now." I waited for a response.

"Have fun."

Wow. Okay whatever. I looked out my window. There was a backyard overgrown with weeds And it looked like the grass hadn't been cut in months.

"Ughhh." I said aloud. I slid down the wall, sat down, and bent my knees so I could rest my head.

I didn't want to come here. I had a perfectly good life where I was. I had friends(sort of). I had a best friend. I had a okay school. I had this guy I was talking to.

I got up And decided to walk downstairs. As I neared the bottom, I heard my mom talking to someone.

"Oh, you have kids?" a lady asked.

"One. She's 16." my mother answered.

"I have three," the lady laughed. "I have three sons ones moved out and the others ages 15 and 17 and one baby girl she's 6."

"Oh that sounds like a hand full." my mother laughed.

"Yes, girl, teens are definitely harder though."

"Oh I know," my mom chuckled. "My poor Emily did not want to come here."

"I know how those things go, I should be getting back but it was nice meeting You."

"Nice meeting you, too, Elizabeth, was it?"

"Yes ma'am Elizabeth Floyd. You should come over for dinner tonight. I don't mean to barge in and all, but I mean you just got the and Its already kind of late. What do you say? My treat." oh God no please no.

"Well, I was going to cook macaroni, so I think we'd like that." they both laughed.

"Okay see ya around seven?" Mrs.Floyd said in a questionly way.

"Sounds good."

Then I heard the door close and I ran upstairs.

"Emily!" my mother called.

Damnit.

"Yes?"

"Come downstairs."

I came down the stairs.

"Eavesdropping?"my mom asked.

"A little."

"Well then you already know. Go get ready. Dinner starts in an hour."

Fuuuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkkk.