Chapter Five- Another Year Another Birthday Disaster

Start from the beginning

 “What did you hear?” Cole came up behind me.

“I think its Damien and his group. I’m going to check it out.” I pushed the door open with my nose.

“Are you crazy? They could kill you.” Alex exclaimed through thought.

I shifted human and began down the hall, taking slow and quiet steps. I stopped outside my bedroom door, where Bentley kept a switchblade just in case of emergencies. I picked it up from in the flower pot and placed it in my back pocket. The voices began to get louder as I got closer to the end of the hall. Suddenly a hand touched my shoulder making me jump, I tried not to scream. I turned to see Cole standing behind me.

“What the heck are you doing? Are you out of your mind? You don’t know what they could do to you.” He whispered.

I covered his mouth and signaled for him to be quiet. I removed my hand and peeked around the corner. There was nothing. Where the frig did they go? Then I heard a crashing noise coming from Damien’s room. I ran to the outside of the door with Cole following right behind me. We both listened to see if we could hear what there sayings.

“Where is it? I can’t believe it’s not here,” I heard Damien say from the other side of the door. I peeked through the crack in the door to see five boys rummaging through the already messy room.

“Well where did you last have it?” A boy with spiked brown hair asked.

“Well if I knew then we wouldn’t have to look for it then would we?” Said a boy with black hair I guess to be Damien. He was gorgeous. I could help be stare.

“Lexie!” Cole whispered from beside me. “What are we going to do?”

I looked at Cole then at the door.

“I have an idea”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now I realized that it’s never a smart idea to get into the middle of a pack of human wolves looking for something important. I will never do it again.

I took a few steps back and kicked the door open, nearly ripping it off its hinges. All five boys looked over at me. Cole stood to the side in shock.

“Looking for something?” I asked in a claim voice.

Four of them looked like they wanted to rip my head off, but only Damien gave me a sly grin.

“Well, well, well. Look what we have here.” Damien said as he walked closer to me.” My own creation standing up against five boys that could easily rip you apart. Now aren’t we brave.” He was getting even closer. Soon we were standing eye to eye. He was a little bit taller than me. “Do you really think this is a good idea?”

“Bite me!!!” I half shouted.

All he did was smile slyly at me. He did that a little too much.

“You know I like you. You’re not like normal girls I’ve met.”

“Why would girls ever want to meet you?”

His expression turned serious. “Grab her!”

Just as the four other boys came out of the room Cole swung a nearby broom, knocking all four of them out. I couldn’t help but giggle.

“Looks like you have a friend”

Damien swung his arm around knocking Cole to the floor. My adrenaline began to rise. I punched Damien right in the nose, breaking it in the process.

“Owww. What was that for?” He said holding his nose.

“No one hurts my friends!” I smiled at him. “Now what were you looking for?”