Chapter II

The next day, Hinata didn't show up for practice. Kageyama had easily been setting for his teammates for 30 minutes, and he needed a break. As he walked to the bench for a drink, he was called over by Suga.
"Do you know where Hinata is?"
Kageyama shrugged. Suga sighed.
"He didn't play very well yesterday, maybe the idiot was up late doing something." Kageyama suggested.
Suga shook his head.
"I don't know, but whatever it is, I'm worried. Maybe you should go check on him?"
Kageyama glanced at his teammates waiting for him to join them.
"Don't worry, I can set for them." Suga smiled. Kageyama nodded thanks and ran out of the gym.
Kageyama ran all the way to Hinata's house. He was out of breath and tried to compose himself before going to the door. When he rang the bell, Hinata's little sister answered.
"He's not here. I think he went to the park."
--
After another bout of running and composing himself after, Kageyama made it to the park. He walked past the bronze gate and quickly decided to head over to the playground, where he could just make out the bright orange hair of his small teammate. Hinata was seated on a double swing set, his feet barely touching the ground. Both of his hands were attached tightly to the chains, and his head was tilted towards the ground, so he didn't notice when Kageyama was angrily stomping his way.
"Oi, dumbass." He called out.
Hinata flinched, but didn't look up.
"Why aren't you at practice? I told you yesterday about it." Kageyama dropped onto the seat next to him. He hunched over and craned his head in Hinata's direction.
"I don't need to go." Hinata mumbled.
"What?" Kageyama said, sounding angry about the statement, but actually not hearing him.
"You guys don't need me. Really, you're all so much better." Kageyama stilled his swing.
"You did better in yesterday's match after I was pulled out." Hinata shrugged. Kageyama noticed tears drop onto the ground in front of Hinata. In the next instant, he was off of his swing and gripping Hinata's shirt collar in his fist. Hinata, not being able to look away, briskly wiped his face.
"What the hell is wrong with you? Are you stupid? Of course we need you, dumbass."
Hinata laughed sarcastically. Kageyama yanked Hinata almost off of the swing and brought his face closer to Hinata's.
"So what if you didn't play so great yesterday? It doesn't mean you should give up on volleyball and your team. Now get your sorry ass out of that swing so I can toss to you-" Interrupting Kageyama's speech, Hinata suddenly stood up, and unbalanced him. Kageyama fell backwards, bringing Hinata with him. He laid on the ground in a daze and realized Hinata was hugging him. He sniffed and started crying into his shoulder. Kageyama was beet-red with anger and embarrassment. Hinata said something, but it was muffled in Kageyama's shirt.
He sat up, with the small boy clinging to him.
"Come on, get off of-"
Kageyama was cut off by Hinata suddenly kissing him. That gave him the strength to push him off and stumble away.
"What the hell was that?" Kageyama yelled, his face visibly red. Hinata smiled his usual smile.
"An apology and a thank you."

(I WROTE THIS AT 3:30 IN THE MORNING SO APOLOGIES IF THERES SOMETHING HORRIBLY WRONG)