Chapter 3

Penelope's Pov.

I woke up to find a strange man looking at me and I was just looking back right at him. He had brown-ish hair with blue eyes. After the stare lasted for about 1 minute I decided to pull the covers over my head and curl up in the ball and try to go back to sleep.

The man decided to pull the covers off me and then said, "C'mon get up."

When I got a better look at him he looked as if he did those punching and kicking games where people were in a square box and started hurting each other. He was buff and tall. I think he was about the size of my dad. I knew he wasn't Alpha because I would always recognize the Alpha, he is big, buff, and has power in his voice.

"Who are you?" I said.

"Oh I'm sorry little one, I am Beta Johnson, you can call me Jake."

"Are you that Jake guy from the American Dragon show where he turns into a dragon?!"

"No, I am werewolf like you."

"Oh"

"Alpha Ryder brought you here."

"Really, I thought he was a meanie. He made everyone scared in the class."

"He isn't that bad though, I promise you."

"Oh well still, I don't want to see him, he is scary. Can I go back to mommy?"

"Yeah, sure let me get my car," with a sad face.

I didn't get it, why was he sad?

Ryder Pov.

As I was standing outside the door, I hear Penelope talking with my Beta Jake. She sounded so cute, but all that love was broken when I heard those single words, "He is scary." All I could think of is overwhelming sadness, guilt, and regret. I had to go on a run. I am pretty sure the Beta heard me when I ran off.

Running as fast as I could, I needed to get out there.

I can't believe she thinks we are scary, we must have been too scary.

Must have, I can't imagine how scared she might be when she becomes older, what would happen if she develops a fear of me. We will never get our mate.

Yeah.... said in a depressing voice as my wolf faded in the back of my mind.

We kept running until I thought the sadness was relinquished but in reality, it never faded. It stayed right where it was.

~I am back after years of life.  Can't wait to start writing again. ~

~