Prologue

It's been a few years since Garrett and I met Erin, we trained her but she was unwilling to accept some of our lessons. That angered Garrett (me not so much, no matter what you can't change someone's spirit) she also kills too easily like it's nothing neither Garrett or myself like this. We only kill when it's necessary, after our last job with her he called off working with her, but I couldn't... she's like a little sister to me. So I still work with her, but I make sure there are no guards involved and no Garrett doesn't know.

The city's in something called the golden age, it's easy to find coin nowadays. I'm sitting outside on the clock tower railing looking at the people below, I enjoy the sounds and smells. I hear the flapping of wings, I look up and see Jenivere (Basso's bird) she lands next to me, drops the matchbox and fly away. 'Got another job for you two, usual place' Basso
"Hmm could be good" I mumble "just hope theirs not a third in this job, Garrett will NOT be happy" I go back inside and see him counting how many coins we have. "Basso's got another job for us" I toss him the matchbox "let's go then"

When we get there Basso says"here's what I got" he places a few papers on his desk "I need you two to steal something called the primal stone"
"What is it?" I ask narrowing my eyes
"Fuck if I know, all I know is its valuable"
I sigh "oh Basso"
"Where is it?" Garrett asks
"NorthCrest manner, in the ceremony room"
"sounds fun," I say walking towards the door
"Your not going" I turn around and glare at Garrett
"What?!"
"I want you to stay here and-"
"And what? Twiddle my fingers, sitting in the clock tower hoping you come back? No, I can handle myself. You need me!"
"Damn it, Sara! I don't want  you to  get hurt, we don't know what will happen!" By now Garrett and I are in each other's faces and Basso's behind his desk trying to stay out of site. "We never know what's going to happen! I can't believe what I'm hearing! What's with you? You never worried about me getting hurt before, why now?" He doesn't say anything..." ok you know what? Never mind, forget about it" I start to walk out before I do I look back at him with sorrow in my eyes "but remember I'm not Erin, I'm just as good as you" I pause "and you better come back" I run out before Basso or him see the tears running down my face. If I knew that would be the last thing I would say to him I would if told him my feelings....

So what do you guys think?