You Belong with Me (Part 1)

Note: This imagine was inspired by Taylor Swift's song, "You Belong With Me." Her lyrics are used in this imagine. Those lyrics belong to Taylor Swift. I do NOT own them.

It's a typical Tuesday night. The stars are shining and there's a warm breeze in the air as the full moon hides behind the grey clouds. From my bedroom window, I see Isaac looking cute in his pajama pants with his Beacon Hills lacrosse shirt and running his hand through his curly hair. He looks frustrated as he's pacing back and forth on the phone in his bedroom. He's probably arguing once again with his girlfriend, Allison. She's probably going on about some sarcastic and witty comment he said during lunch that made my stomach hurt from laughing. She'll never understand his sense of humor like I do.

I watch Isaac throw his phone at the wall. Instantly shattering from it's impact. Isaac has never had any temper issues until he was bitten and became a werewolf. A few weeks later, I was the first non-pack person Isaac shared his secret with. He told me everything. The full moon transformations, his new fast speed, heighten senses, and powerful strength. Eventually he showed me everything; the terrible facial hair, awesome fangs, beautiful yellow eyes, and some long nails that could really use a manicure. Derek told me Isaac had trouble controlling his anger during the first couple of full moons but eventually he was able to control it when he escaped the chains Derek cuffed him in.

Isaac escaped during his fourth full moon. He climbed the tree between our houses, hopped into my balcony in full werewolf form just hours after telling me his secret. All of a sudden he became calm as his facial hair disappeared, the fangs withdrew and claws were removed. At first, I couldn't believe it, but I certainly wasn't afraid of him because at the end of the night he was still Isaac. My Isaac.

Snapping back into reality, I remember it's a full moon tonight and I'm hoping his argument with Allison doesn't break his streak of controlling his shift. I grab the notebook out of my book bag and begin to write with a black sharpie. I hold up the notebook as Isaac looks through my window.

"Are you okay?"

Isaac chuckles and walks to his desk. A few seconds later he holds up his own notebook that reads, "tired of drama."

I pout my lips holding my notebook as it reads, "Sorry."

Isaac just shrugs in response as he gets up and pulls the curtain over his window. I always hate to see him unhappy. Whether it's a stupid fight with Allison or getting abused by his dad, it always broke my heart to see him down. Isaac does not live an easy life. He lost his mother when he was young and shortly after his brother died during his service overseas. His dad took it hard and hasn't been the same since then. His dad became dark, cold, and very abusive. He gets mad at the big things, like Isaac getting Cs instead of As in his classes, or Isaac not having warm dinner on the table as soon as his father gets home. Sometimes he gets mad at the smallest things such as Isaac leaving his muddy shoes by the door, or forgetting to check the mail. Anything would give Isaac the worst bruises and no one asks any questions. Everyone assumes it's from playing so rough in lacrosse. It's not a pretty life and Isaac hides it from everyone except me. He climbs through my window most nights, especially after a terrible beating. It took me a while to realize it's better not to ask questions, and just hold him tight as he lets it all out. He'll sleep next to me until he has to sneak back over before his dad wakes up for work.

I turn on my iHome and blast his favorite song "Whatta Man" by Salt-N-Pepa, loud enough for him to hear. Isaac will never admit his love for Salt-N-Pepa and he will pretend he's never heard a band with such a stupid name. Eventually, I learned if you play one of their songs, Isaac couldn't help but sing and dance along. After losing his mom and brother, Isaac spent most of his time home alone while his dad was either at work or out drinking in sleazy bars. He got tired of the silence and started exploring different types of music. Eventually he came across a song called "Shoop" and for some strange reason he fell in love with old school hip-hop rap. For five months straight, I heard Salt-N-Pepa blasting from his house between the hours of three through seven. I'd sometimes catch him singing with a wooden spoon while trying doing the running man.

I danced my way through the first chorus and right on cue, Isaac pulled back his curtain and started lip-syncing, "I wanna take a minute or two, and give much respect due to the man that's made a difference in my world." I start doing the running man, as Isaac continues to sing while doing the sprinkler. I open my window as an invitation. He opens his, climbs across the tree and into my bedroom. Immediately, we started a lip-syncing and dance competition. For the first time in a long time, Isaac is having fun, laughing and grinning a smile that can light up this whole town.

While we're looking like idiots who are having fun, my mind begins to wonder.

Hey, isn't this easy? I think to myself. I'm the one who makes you laugh when I know you're about to cry. I know your favorite songs, and you tell me about your dreams. Have you ever thought that just maybe you belong with me? Why can't you see that I'm the one who understands you and been there for you all along? Why can't you see that you belong with me?

As the song finishes, we try to catch our breath while controlling our laughter.

"Feeling better?" I ask.

"I'm fine," his constant response.

Coming into a relationship with Isaac, Allison knew I was his best friend and he was mine. I was part of the package deal. She accepted it. So she says, but it never felt like she did. Scott was the alpha but all the girls looked up to her and ran with her final word. I didn't make any friends growing up as girls constantly picked on me and guys just didn't like me. I never had friends other than Isaac. So when Isaac became a part of Scott's pack, I was included. "She's part of the package deal," as Isaac would say. I was thrilled to have girls I could call my gal pals. Until, Allison excluded me from girl's night festivities and sleepovers. I'd see the all the fun pictures Allison would post on her Instagram and all those feelings of not having friends would come rushing back. Isaac would comfort me by taking out me out as a distraction or having our own sleepover and watching movies all night. Then the next mornings, all hell break loose.

"You spent the night with another girl!" I'd hear Allison screaming from his room.

"She's not some girl! You know that! And maybe I wouldn't have spent the night with her, if you had invited her in the first place!" He'd snap back.

The fight would always end with her storming out and him climbing through my bedroom window. I'd always ask if he's okay and his response has always been the same. "I'm fine."

He'll always say he's fine, but I know him better than that. What is he doing with a girl like that?

"Do you want to stay the night? We can stay up and watch stupid horror movies." I say with hope in my voice.

"That sounds great," he half smiles. "But I should probably call Allison back and apologize."

"Okay, I'll be here if you need me."

Isaac climbs his way back to his room and pulls the curtain over once more. There I am, like every night, standing by and waiting by my window. How could he not know all this time that he belongs with me? She'll never know his story like I do. Until then, I'll just be here dreaming about the day when he wakes up and realizes what he's been looking for has been right across his bedroom window this whole time.