Part 2

I walked out of the lunch hall, my stomach surprisingly empty as I had not eaten much. However, the pumpkin pie I had been longing for tasted like utter crap so I had not taken much else in anticipation for it. I'd heard a bunch of rumours that Martha put rats in it... But as a respected senior, I didn't believe any of that bullcrap... Even if it did explain a lot.

I walked over to the marble fountain to see two blobs of brown hair that I knew all too well. Chris had been given rings of punishment for laying with a girl but he seldom seemed to mind.
"Oh look, there's my favourite girl slayer," I said, squeezing betwixt the pair of weirdos.
"Ah and my favourite virgin, Mary herself," he replied, slinging his arm over my shoulder. "Soon you will see my little buttercup," he turned to me and squeezed my cheek, his breath smelling of rat/pumpkin pie, "the wonder that is a vagina," PJ snorted a little, his head now resting on my lap and his dainty, long fingers picking off petals from a daisy. "And it will warm you more than any passage the bible has," Chris let my shoulder go from his tight squeeze and he laughed at his own words.

"Warm your cock maybe," I retorted, wiping the collection of petals from my knee,
"Oi you daft bastard!" PJ scowled, "I wasn't finished with those," he frowned and leant over my knees to collect more flowers; probably to harvest. I noticed the wristband-like marks on Chris' wrists that were, on closer inspection, burns,
"And apparently your wrists too wow shit what did they do?" Chris' smile wavered, he gave me a knowing look,
"Let's be real here, I have had punishment worse. I'd take the rings for Jen any day of the week trust me," I smiled weakly, knowing that Chris meant Jen's vagina and not her entirely.

I always thought it strange how Chris could entice even the most purely minded and strongly abstinent girl under his sheets. Or hers. It didn't matter to him really. Chris had always told me that he wasn't living the life he wanted to. He said that 17 was the year for sex, drink and partying, not religion. He seemed to always say, "I don't want the only drink I've tasted to be wine from the blood of Jesus, holy fuck I've had enough to consume him entirely". Chris made me laugh. But also think. Was I living the life I wanted to? The life I chose? Or was I choosing an easy path, one that was assigned to me? For some strange reason, that didn't feel right. It didn't feel like me. And it wasn't.

But all the mattered to me at that moment was the warming October sun and my friends who liked to joke about sex. I often wondered why Mother Superior let Chris act like he did, but being the son of a high paying donator had to have it's benifits. I looked at PJ's watch and basked in the fact that church sermon would start in three hours and lessons in five.

Suddenly I heard from the booming megaphone attached to an orchard tree above me say,
"Daniel J. Howell to Mother Superior, Daniel J. Howell to Mother Superior," and with a jump and an angry PJ, I briskly walked to the food hall so I could ascend the stairs to the offices.

As I crossed the corridors and looked at the right wall which was entirely windows, I saw the dirty reformers block hidden behind the right wing. Even the sight scared me. The walls were newly repainted but the rims of the windows and doors were brown and the plants at the front door were withered. The door was locked from the outside and you could just tell that the air inside it smelled dank and heavy, like the mud on the ground after a rainy week.

I knocked three times on the door and waited for an invite inside.
"Enter," I heard the woman's voice, calm and harsh from the other side of the beech wood door. I opened it and crept inside, slowly closing the door so as not to make too much of a sound; her office was right next to the library. "Daniel, my good boy," she beamed a slightly yellow toothed grin, her hands knotted with wrinkles and liver spots. Her choice of attire was the traditional nun robe and the hood was starting to peel back. It revealed sleek and flawless grey hair that was slicked back.

"I have brilliant news for you," she gestured to a seat, which I gratefully took, Dottie was intent on getting me up for the autumn sunrise and my entire body was drenched with drowsiness. "I have a special job for you," my heart started to frantically pump blood into my veins and I felt my entire chest throb with anxiety, however I remained still and glued a polite smile to my face. "I have a reformer job for you," my heart sank along with my smile, my eyes deepened with horror.

"Madam as much as an honour-"
"Yes, it is an honour. One of which you are very capable of," she reached over the desk and patted my hands with hers, they were dry and in decent need of moisturising. "You are my best student, by the name of Jesus if any man were capable of running this place it would be you Daniel." I weakly smiled at her, my eyes filling with dread. "He is a young gentleman, 20 years of age. His crime cannot be disclosed to you, but I believe that his past actions do not matter. I wish for you to escort him to church sermons, all meals and to his room. All other hours you will spend doing your higher ranked senior duties and your classes. Free time is still available."

My heart had sunk right into the pit of my stomach, I felt deep nausea as I remembered the reformers block.
"Daniel you will do well to remember that, as God's child, forgiveness is given to all those that seek it," she gestured to the door and as I reached it, holding down vomit, she proclaimed, "you will pick him up from the gate at 6am tomorrow and give him the tour. All of your duties will be suspended." I opened the door, bile high in my throat, "oh and his name is Philip. Philip Michael Lester." I stepped outside and located a waste bin, and with that I threw what food was in my stomach up into it. Even the name made me feel ill. Philip M. Lester.

~~~~~~
Wow eventful, shit will go down trust me. And I'm sure you'll all love my female lead Dottie.
Many loves \( ̄<  ̄)>