Chapter 19: Skipping Ahead; Part 1

Draco took off his coat as he stepped inside Malfoy Manor. It was now March 2001 and still no second child. He smiled as he saw Isla stumbling up to him in her young toddler way. Her waved, shoulder length, thick blond hair was up in a ponytail tied with a silver ribbon.

"Dad-dy!" She squealed.

He picked her up and kissed her. "How's my little angel?"

He'd missed her, and Hermione. He had been at the compulsory international healers course in Italy for the last two weeks. Every trainee healer had to attend in order to complete their training.

He looked around for Hermione.

"Where's Mummy?" He asked Isla.

"Liiiibareee." She giggled.

Of course she would be in the library.

"Come on then darling." He said, running up the stairs with Isla in his arms.

He made his way to library only to find Hermione asleep in a chair. He was surprised, usually she wouldn't read while Isla was awake, she wouldn't sleep while Isla was awake and she definitely wouldn't leave Isla downstairs on her own, ever!

Draco put Isla down on the rug. "Stay there angel."

He gently shook Hermione awake.

" 'Mione? Hermione?" He asked.

Hermione slowly woke up.

"Draco?" She asked.

He smiled. "It's me."

She shot upwards and through her arms around his neck. "Oh Merlin, I've missed you so much."

Draco pulled her close as possible."I've missed you too." He said feeling a little hurt when she pulled away slightly.

She suddenly went green and ran to the  bathroom. Draco scooped up Isla and ran after her.

"Hermione?" He asked.

She was getting sick into the toilet. He set Isla down in the bath, so she wouldn't be able to run away, and sat down next to his ill wife pulling her hair back as she threw up.

"What happened? Are you ok? Did you eat something?" Questions all came spilling out Draco.

Hermione sat up against the white tiled bathroom wall.

"No, I'm not ill." She reassured him.

Draco was panicking. "Of course your ill, your vomiting and your sleeping in the middle of the-"

"Draco! I'm not ill." She said giving him a look as if to say. Think you idiot!

"Well what are you then!" He asked obliviously.

"I'm pregnant." She exclaimed.

Draco's face fell before a gleaming smile appeared on his face.

"You're pregnant." He stated, giving a small chuckle.

Hermione smiled. "I'm pregnant."

Draco pulled her into a bone crushing hug, to which she immediately pulled back from.

"Careful, the baby." She explained.

Draco smiled.

"Sorry baby." He whispered to her flat stomach. "When did you find out?" He asked.

Hermione looked down.

"The day after you left." She confessed.

"Do you know how far along you are?" He asked curiously.