~Prologue~

Rescuer

The floor seemed so familiar these days, being shoved onto it left right and centre for most of her life, Cyn was more than acquainted with the old friend. Some thugs had caused this reunion, having pushed her down when they caught her from running. She had, admittedly, always been one to get herself into trouble and was always able to fight off the attackers, who dare pick a fight with her when she possessed a dagger and her bow. However this time appeared more difficult. She hadn't done anything in particular apart from, having bumped into one of them, making a few sarcastic remarks that got her into her current situation, and for a stupid reason she did not have her precious weapons at hand and was left to fend the 5 large brutes with her bare fits.

One approached her small frame with an arm raised, though she skilfully dodged the attack and managed to kick the brute in a sensitive place. Another two men stepped forward as she struggled backwards. One stepped further forward than the other, attempting an attack - though Cyn dodged that one as well, crawling through the man's legs and kicking him over from behind. This left her to face the third attacker, with another two large brutes behind him. She rolled across the floor, swerved, ducked and attempted to fight back with the third brute, but said actions were rendered useless when the fourth and fifth men grabbed both her arms and heaved her off the floor. Of course she kicked and flayed her arms about to try and distract at least one of the men holding her up, or even the man lining up a shot to her stomach, but to no avail. She squeezed her eyes shut, feeling the full force of the brute's fist collide with her gut. Wincing at the growing pain, the brute lined up another shot in a similar place. She groaned as the brutes punches continued, not unfamiliar with the pain of being beaten up but hating it the more it continued. Her eyes remained closed, waiting for the next hit that never came. She briefly opened one of her eyes to spot the brute with his back to her, arms out stretched as if signalling to something to stop. Cyn's eyes caught a glimpse of white before the brute fell to the floor, blood pouring out of his shredded arm and leg. One of the men holding her released his death grip to run forward, obviously trying to fight off whatever had attacked the other man. Cyn, on any other occasion, would have taken this opportunity to fight of the remaining man, however her body was too weak to fight any longer. The brute had taken several swings at her stomach and her face which caused such a pain that she could barely stand on her own two feet.

The man who had attacked failed, not unlike the first to attack the white beast, meaning more blood paved the ally. The last man attempted to run, releasing Cyn's arm and letting her drop to the floor, but the white beast caught his ankle and brought him down, ripping out the brute's throat. Cyn, using the wall for support, stared at the white beast. Now noticing that it was in fact a wolf, with a pure white pelt and blood red eyes. It stared back at her, eyes becoming slightly softer than they'd previously been. The white wolf padded forward, nose down and eyes fixed on Cyn. If her body wasn't slowly giving out she would have ran, but in this instance she stayed still, waiting for it's next move. The wolf, using it's nose, sniffed at Cyn's ankles, nuzzling her similar to the way a pet dog would to it's owner. Cyn smiled as best she could, reaching her hand down to rest upon the wolf's fur. It had spared her. It had saved her.