Chapter 1

Today was another Wednesday at my house with my drunken father and one of his usual fuck lady's that he would bring after every night out he had at the strip. I guess it didn't bother me as much as it was supposed to because if myself and my father were to be in the same room as each other, he'd probably beat the shit out of me just because he can. I'm lucky it isn't that lady who has dirty blonde hair and is very wrinkly because if it was her she would actually help my father beat me up and they would laugh together because they both love seeing me in agony as they would kick my sides, stomach, legs and sometimes me face for no apparent reason. My life sucks but that's life for you.

"Mélissa!" I heard my father shout from his room and I automatically stood up for where I was siting and made my way to his room."Oui pére" I answered bluntly. He was probably going to tell me to make him pasta or use me as his punching bag.

"s'asseoir" I nodded and sat down next to the chair that was opposite my fathers bed.

This conversation my father wishes to have with me hardly ever happens. Shit we hardly ever have time to speak to one another because he's practically always drunk, out or just being abusive and sometimes when he is extremely drunk will force himself upon me. 

Talk about him trying to force himself upon me, I remember last time he came home in such a state he tried to have sex with me, Yes my own father tried to have sex with me and it took me more than  20 minutes to get him off me. After I finally got him off me I ran out the house and went to the park for an hour and went to my little tree house and slept there for the night. I miss that tree come to think of it. If my father didn't take it down and evilly burned it it might still be here. God, that night I was so pissed off at my father I ended up not speaking to him and obviously earned myself some beatings with his belt.

"What do you wish to talk about father?" I asked fiddling with the hem of my dress that just hit over my knee. I was fairly nervous for what my father had to say.

"I need you to go to New York for a year..." he said causally. "I beg your pardon father?" I asked in disbelief. How the hell does he expect me to just causally move to the other side of the world? For fucking what?! Who the hell do I even know there? Have I got an imaginary friend there or something?

"I said you have to go to New York for a full year!" He repeated sounding irritated. But why? If I'm not mistaken, I am the one who has to travel to fucking New York for fuck knows why! And he has the audacity to get irritated at me! Connard! I swore in my head because that the only place I actually stand up for myself.

Dear God, please tell me, give me the smallest hint that this is some fucked up joke of my father?  But there was nothing, nothing at all just a pissed off abusive father which I have no intention of saying no to my father, simply because I care for myself and I'm smart enough to know what the consequences will be if I do.

"May I ask pourquoi father?" I hesitated to question him because my father doesn't like being question about his decisions. Especially me, he's useless daughter.

"Que je vous confonds? Fille?" 'Am I confusing you ? daughter? 

Fille? Seriously, even I didn't believe him. That's just my father for you. When he wants something from me -Even though he doesn't have to- he sugar coats everything.

"No father, I'll do it." I reluctantly clarified before getting to my feet. "Is that all pére?" I asked standing up. Or are you going to decided to marry me off to a stranger there too?! I angrily thought in my head.

"You are leaving Sameid" he said bluntly as if Saturday wasn't in three days time!

Jesus Christ! This man surely has one or two thing wrong with him! Saturday! I don't get paid until Sunday!