Chapter Seven

• Dedicat lui My stalker of a friend

 So I know that it has been a really long time since I last uploaded and all, and I'm sorry. But now that school is out I will have more time to write and i should be uploading faster. So sorry again for the long wait. Hope you enjoy.

Rebecca's POV

The next morning I woke up to the sound of a car horn. I looked out my window to see Nick's car outside my house.

"What the hell….." I muttered to myself. I watched as Alex came out of the house next door and walked over to Nick. I watched as the scene unfolded. Alex was yelling at Nick and pointed down the street. I couldn't see Nick  but I felt that I knew what his face looked like. He probably had his usual cocky grin on his face. I sighed and shook my head as I walked away from my window.

After I finished getting ready I looked out to see that Nick's car was gone and had been replaced with a different car.  Figuring it might be Alex I slipped out the backdoor not wanting to deal with either boy this morning. I hadn't slept well the night before. I had been up all night racking my brain trying to remember where I had seen Alex before. But try as I might I kept drawing a blank.

I stepped into The Doughnut Hole, which was a small coffee shop that I passed on my way to school. It was small and you could say it was a hole in a wall, but their coffee was amazing as I had found out the first time I came in. It wasn't much to look at from the outside so I guess that’s why I never saw any other kids from school there, that or the fact that there was a Wawa across the street from the school. Either way I was grateful  that I wouldn’t have to put up with all the stares while I ate my breakfast. I had thought about just skipping school completely but that would only start more rumors and there was enough going around about me as it was.

Charlie already had my order ready and I just had to pay. I had been in every single day since we moved here so I was a well known customer. I sat at the counter with my coffee and talked with Charlie like every morning. Charlie was the only person that I ever really talked to since I moved here, well other then Nick if trying to get into my house counts. Charlie wanted to be an artist but he didn’t have the money for a studio and he got an offer from a friend to become business partners and open up a chain of coffee shops. Sadly after the opening of the first one his friend got in a freak car accident and Charlie was left to run the business alone. He decided that a chain was to much for one person to handle so he just kept the original one open in memory of his friend. He has been working here ever since.

I slowly walked the rest of the way to school hoping that maybe it would have blown over by now and everyone would have forgotten about me. But no such luck. As soon as I walked through the front gate all eyes were on me. Just wonderful, here I was trying to fly under the radar and just get through two more years of high school and now I was known by every single person in the entire school, just because I punched some idiot in the face. Okay so the idiot was the most popular guy in school and probably the richest, but still this was ridiculous.

Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse I felt an arm snake around my waist. I turned and punched the person in the face. Then I saw who it was. Wonderful, I had just punched wonder boy in the face….again.

"You know you have a really bad habit of punching people in the morning."

"Well maybe if some idiot didn’t keep scaring me I wouldn’t punch him in the face every morning."

"How come you never texted me back?"

"Because I didn’t feel like it."

I walked out the front gates. I could feel the stares of everyone and I was just not up to dealing with them today. I stalked back to The Doughnut Hole and flopped down into one of the booths. I saw Charlie  looking at me with a raised eyebrow as he walked over.

"Shouldn’t you be in school?"

"I'm ditching."

He walked behind the counter and came back with two cups of coffee. He placed one in front of me and sat down across from me.

"Alright, what wrong?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know for a fact that you are not the type of person who ditches school just because, so something must be wrong."

I sighed. I may have been here for only a month but already Charlie knew me better then most people back at home did.

"So , there is this guy-"

"Let me guess you like him but he is dating someone else and you know you don't have a chance and you just can't take watching him with her anymore and you needed to get away and now you need help coming up with a plan to get him to notice you so that he will dump his girlfriend and ask you out and sweep you off your feet and ride off into the sunset with you."

I just sat there opened mouthed staring at Charlie. I had said five freaking words and he had already jumped to conclusions.

"Am I right?"

"NO! You are so far off its not even funny."

"Oh, really?"

"Really. Now as I was saying before you interrupted me there is this guy who keeps bugging me and I kind of accidently punched him in the face…twice. But really it is his fault since he scared me both times and it was just a natural reaction and all but still he deserved it.  And since he is like the most popular guy in school everyone is looking at me and I just wasn’t in the mood to deal with all the stares and whispers today."