One

Sam-

I drive down the quiet lonely road. Buzz Buzz my phone rang. I'm not very good at talking and driving but I pick up my phone anyway seeing who it is.

"Hey Scar," I answer.

"Hey are you almost here?" she asks.

"Yeah I'm at the stop sign right by your house."

"Great I want you here before Ash and his friends show up."

I roll my eyes. All she ever talks about is Ash and his friends. It's gotten annoying. I can hear her now.

'Oh you'll love him. He's so sweet, kind, not very smart sometimes, but he's cute and so are all his friends. Plus they're in a band that you'll like.'

I just always get so annoyed with her. Every time she talks about them I just want to snap at her, 'Yeah yeah, big deal. So you know a band big whoop.'

But instead of sounding like a jerk I always say 'They sound great.'

I pull into her driveway withdrawing myself from the voices in my head. I hop out of my used beat up Camry. Really I'm just glad I got a car when I turned 16. I shut the door and lock it. Walking in with my keys, phone and jacket.

Ding-dong. I hear her rushed footsteps as she hurries to answer the door. She answers the door with the widest grin on her face.

"You seem happy," I say stepping inside.

"They're on their way!" she says all jumpy.

I try to find something to change the subject so I look at her clothes. Her ripped black skinny jeans with combat boots and neon yellow crop top cover her.

"Cute outfit," I say.

"Thanks," She says looking down at her outfit. "I like yours too," Scarlett says studying mine.

I look down to see my dark skinny jeans with black vans and my cut off crop top with 'Legend' written on it. "Thanks. You need help setting up?" I mean that's why I thought she invited me.

"Yes. I need help with the food."

I nod following her to the kitchen. I'd already set my coat and keys in her room and put my phone in my pocket. We step into the kitchen from hell. Seeing that there piles of food and drinks she still needs to set up.

I turn to face her. "Nice," I say sarcastically.

I see Scarlett roll her eyes and walk to the speaker system that was already playing something around the house. She turns the volume to the point where the music is blasting through out the place. Good thing I don't mind. Playing is a song I've never heard before but I knew it was by her friends. Scar must've seen my confused face.

"It's off their new EP. Ash gave me it early to see if I like it or not," She explains. First of all of course he did. Second of all I was getting this EP.

"Great. Tell him I like it too," I say trying to hold my annoyance. With my saying I give her 2 thumbs up and she does the same. "Now how do you want the food set up?"

"Um for now let's work on getting the drinks in the coolers," She states, pointing to the pile of labeled iceboxes. I nod walking over to them. The first thing I see is the one labeled 'Beer'.

"Scar!" She turns to face me. "What the hell why is this labeled beer?" I ask.

"Ash said he would bring some. Don't worry you don't have to have any if you don't want too. "

"Are you going to have some?" I ask still shocked.

"I don't know yet," Scarlett then continues to set up all the bags of chips she had put out which was basically any kind of chip you wanted.

"Ok then..." I state under my breath.

I then start to place every single drink that was out in a bin. Water in the water bin. Pop in the 2-3 coolers that are labeled. I put Pepsi (Diet and regular) in a cooler with Sprite. I then start putting Dr.Pepper, Squirt, and Coke in another, just as the doorbell rings.

"THEY'RE HERE!!" Scar practically yells. She then runs out of the kitchen leaving me, the food and the music.

'Wildest dreams' was playing. I start mouthing the words not listening to the other group of people only a few steps away. 'Staring at the sunset babe. Say you'll remember me again even if it's just in your wildest dreams.'

By now I've stopped working just spinning around the room, mouthing every word. 'I said no has to know what we do. His hands are in my hair his clothes aren't in the room. And his voice is a familiar sound. Nothing lasts forever but this is getting good now.'

I'm leaning on the table with my back to the doorway not realizing they all had stepped into the kitchen. 'He's so tall and handsome as hell.' I throw my hands to the side and started lightly singing.

I then spun around just as the part 'He's so bad but he does it so well.' While the song continues to play I stand there with bright pink cheeks.

Then there's Scarlett bent by her hips laughing into her legs and hands. After she's done she turns the stereo down so we can all talk without having to scream. I look at each of the boys just barely getting a glance before I stare at my feet. After Scarlett chuckles once more she introduces me.

"Guys this is Sam," I look up and give a slight side wave with a small forced smile. "Sam this is..." she then points to each boy while stating the names. "Ashton, Calum, Michael and Luke."

"Hi," I say shyly. Just by the way she said their names I already know she's known Ashton the longest, is getting best friend close with Michael, is mutual friends with Calum and is flirting with Luke. I get the feeling that he'll be flirting with her too.

Partially since when she said his name both of them looked down and bit their lip. Not one but both of them. I can tell they like each other. Couple alert. Now I'm really glad I took that phycology class. I decide to put my class skills to the test, since no one else will speak up. It's just too quiet for me.

"So let me guess..." I turn to Ashton who currently has short hair brushed over his forehead, black high toped converse on with black skinny jeans and one of his old AC/DC shirts.

He had a little bit of a confused look on his face. I also noticed that he was looking right at my shoes. "Ashton doesn't know what to think of me..."

I then turned to Michael who again wore black skinny jeans, black converse and a red and black flannel. He looked at me as if he was a starving wolf and I was dead prey. I looked at his dyed light brown hair then his face. "You're wondering if I'm a virgin cause you wanna fuck me..." Michael's eyes finally move away from my chest.

I smirk as I turn to Calum who was adorable especially with the smirk he has on his face and the damn blue flannel he wore with a black under shirt, black skinny jeans and black vans. I notice the really faded highlights in his hair. I had to admit Calum looked fine. "You think I'm cute..." I didn't want to look away at the brown haired brown-eyed boy but I made myself face Luke.

He looks like I've always seen him in Scar's pictures. Quiffed hair, black lip ring, black skinny jeans, his you complete me(ss) shirt. And faded converse that looked like Ashton's. "And Luke likes Scarlett." Luke's eyes instantly shot to me then to Scar, who instantly started blushing. Luke also turned a bright shade of red.

"And Scar you like Luke!" I smiled acting all happy but really I was holding back a laugh. Both Luke and Scar turn a darker shade of red. Everyone looks around at each other wondering how I got inside their head and took their thoughts.

Calum's the one to speak up, "How do you know all that stuff?"

"So I'm right?" I ask. Everyone nods. "Well I took a phycology class and learned a lot about human behavior and how to figure out what people are thinking based on their actions and expressions." I smile to myself as I walk over to the coolers to finish puting the drinks away. "Only 2 cases of beer?" I ask.

"There's more in the car," I hear one of the boys say.

"Perfect," I tell myself. Tonight I was letting go of everything.