Chapter 6

I woke up in the bed alone, but the scent of Damien was still in the arm. And on the blanket. I turned over, grasped it and put it to my nose. A smile graced my face. Here I am with my mate in the same town, but I'm more attached to a demon. Go figure. I never really was your average wolf anyways. Why stick to tradition?

I knew I had to be at the cafe later on today and I overslept. It was already one in the afternoon. I wondered where he was planning on taking me for this 'date', but in the long run, it didn't matter. I had a job to do first and formost.

With that thought, I got up to take a shower and get ready.

-------

I walked in, hearing the bell chime, in my jean skirt and tank. Red wig was in place perfectly along with contacts. Sprayed and was ready to go. I was a little early and he wasn't here yet. I figured as much. 

The waitress smiled at me and asked for my order. I got the usual cafe mocha and sat at the counter, waiting. About ten minutes and a cafe mocha later, Lucian walked into the cafe with a gleaming smile on his face.

"Hey beautiful, have you been here awhile?" He asked and I shook my head. "No just about ten minutes, but I got my much needed caffine in, so I'm a happy camper." He waved a hi to the old lady waitress and gently grabbed my hand.

"So your ready to go?" I smiled at him. "Yeah, let's go." He led us outside to his black Ford and opened the passanger side door for me. I hopped in and he walked to his side and got in. "Well aren't you a gentleman, opening doors for me." I forced and blush and he chuckled.

"Alway's a gentleman for a beautiful girl." He teased and I giggled. "And a charmer to boot." He laughed along with me and nodded. He put the truck into drive and we were off, heading out of town. 

"So where are you taking us?" I asked in a small voice. The surrounding area were just forest's for miles. The perfect place to kill someone and leave their body. I shook that thought out of my head. You would think I was sadistic by my thoughts.

I chuckled inwardly, okay maybe just a little, but I do it for a living, not my fault.

"Well, I thought we could go into the nearest city. There isn't really anything in our small town, so I was going to do the cliched dinner and a movie. I hope it won't be to boring." I turned and smiled at him. "Of course it won't be. Dinner and a movie is alway's a great date. Unless the movie is awfully boring."

He smirked at me. "Horror movie it is." I laughed. "Your just trying to get me scared so I have to hold onto you." He lifted a hand to his chest. "Me? I would never do a thing like that!" He gasped. "Ha ha, your so busted." 

He shook his head, still holding his smirk. 

------

A half hour of small talk and joking later, we arrived to a fairly small city. It was much bigger then the quaint town, but it was no New York City. I didn;t know the name of it, nor did I personally give a shit, it wasn't important to me.

He parked the truck on the street in front of a local Applebee's. We walked in and was immediatly grabbed by the hostess and sat down at a booth. She was giving him a very flirtatious smile.