Call for no reason

-Danny's bedroom-
Staring at Sam made Danny realize just how pretty she is. How much he loves her personality. How much he loves her. Wait what?

Ya know what? I'm not gonna deny it. And not because that's what the dare says. Screw it! I'm gonna do all those things because I want to. The five bucks will be a plus. She'll probably reject me, but I can just say it was the dare. Right? And I get money so... Argh! Just go read the next thing Fenton!

"Call for no reason." He said, looking back at his messages. "Okay then..." Danny went through his contacts, finding Sam and pressing the 'call' button.

Ring

Ring

Ri- "hey Dan."

"Hey Sam."

"What's up?"

"The sky."

"Smart answer, but really, what?"

"Can't a guy just call his friend?"

She chuckled. "Why don't you call Tucker then? I'm doing homework."

"He's busy, but I can go if you want."

"Nah, talking to you beats homework by a long shot."

For some reason, this made Danny's cheeks turn light pink.

"Is there actually a reason you called? I've known you since second grade. You don't just call people randomly."

"Well, I wanted to talk to you."

"About...?"

Danny said of the first thing that came to mind. "...potatoes..."

"You called to talk about potatoes? Really?"

"Y-yeah...?"

"Danny, I'm dead serious. Are you hurt or something? C'mon. Tell me."

"I'm not hurt...I just wanted to...talk..." Damn, this went from funny awkward, to just regular awkward.

"You know you can tell me anything right?"

"Y-yeah... I know..."

"Alright. I gotta go Danny. Talk to me anytime, Kay? Bye."

"Bye."

                        -Sam's room-
Sam sighed, finishing up the last few problems on her homework.  Then getting her book and laying down on her bed. Chapter 3, call for no reason. "What?" She read the chapter 'if a guy calls you for no reason, it's probably to hear your sweet voice.' "Okay I'll finish that later..." She said to herself slamming the book shut.