Chapter Seven - Apologies

Start from the beginning

           He was sitting even closer to me this time. I could feel the brush of his thigh against mine, setting off the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. I knew then that I was attracted to him, I couldn't help it. I knew it was wrong to think about my brother's friend like this, but it's like I have no control over my body. As hard as I tried, I couldn't get it to push these weird feelings away.

            It was new for me. I've never felt these things around any other guy before. I wasn't experienced with this kind of thing. It wasn't like he was feeling the same thing anyway, so I could pretend like these emotions weren't even there.

           I took a drag from my beer, knowing I was going to need it if I was going to be sitting here the whole night beside him.

Three beers later and I was feeling a little loose and less tense, relaxing my body. Every so often, I would feel the brush of Luke's arm or leg against mine. I ignored it the best I could, chatting with everyone.

          I was enjoying myself, and the fact that it was just a little crowd of us. No girls were throwing themselves all over the guys.

          "I win and you lose. Just face it, I'm the king of Monopoly." Mickey throws taunts at my brother.

          "You had to of cheated, I always win this game." My brother whines.

           Emma laughs at him. "Is it even possible to cheat?"

           He glares in her direction.

           "He's just upset that I kicked his ass this time around." Mickey rubs it in.

           My brother could be very competitive when he wants to be. There were times when we would play games together and I had to let him win, or we would have just kept going till he finally beat me. Sometimes it would take forever.

           "He beat you man, you can't always win." Luke chuckles.

           "I can try," Ben says. "You weren't even playing anyways, so what are you saying." he huffs.

           Luke grins. "No, but I would have kicked all your asses at it if I had been,"

           The guys all start giving him shit.

           I laugh. "Little full of yourself, aren't you?" I whisper for only him to hear.

           "I'm good at a lot of things, Niña Bella," he smirks, giving me a wink.

           I feel a flush with his words, and the feeling in my stomach gets stronger, I shift myself around nervously.

           God, I was such a horrible sister for having these feelings.

           I felt my leg touch his again, instead of him moving away from me, it seemed like he was moving his leg against mine more firmly. It could be my imagination, but I swore I could feel the pressure of his leg against mine increase.

An hour later and all the drinks were weighing on my bladder, so I got up from my seat ready to find a bathroom.

           "Where are you going to?" Olivia asks, looking content beside Ethan.

           Feeling most of everyone's attention on me I say, "The bathroom if I sit here any longer I'll end up pissing myself."

           "Don't fall into the toilet." I hear Emma say as I'm about to leave the room.

           I give her the one-finger salute, causing everyone to erupt into laughter.

           Finding my way down the end of the hallway and to the bathroom on my right. I take care of business and wash my hands after I'm done. I leave the bathroom and collide with a body. Strong hands engulf my sides, steadying me.

           "I'm s-sorry." I stutter out when I notice that it's Luke.

           "It's okay, try to be more careful, pequeña." He lets out a soft laugh, squeezing my sides before letting go.

           His touch leaves a lingering heat in its wake, making me want his hands back around my waist.

           "What are you doing out here?" Curious as to why he was outside the bathroom.

           He rubs the back of his neck, looking sheepish. "I was looking to talk to you alone for a minute."

           Not sure as to why he would want to talk to me, I give him a nod, letting him know that he has my attention.

           "I wanted to say I was sorry for the night I was angry with you, it wasn't your fault."

           Grateful that he was apologizing, I smile at him.

           "It's okay, you were right though. I shouldn't have gone somewhere alone with that guy."

           I knew that it was sort of my fault for what happened. It could have been avoided if I had just stopped myself from following that Josh guy.

           He shakes his head, tousling his dark hair even more, before running his fingers through it.

           "It wasn't your fault. You should be able to trust a guy. It doesn't matter how pretty a girl is, if the answer is no, then you should walk away." He grunts out, jaw working in anger.

           My breath catches a bit of hearing him admit that I'm pretty. God, I was a tool.

           "I was angry about the whole thing, and I handled it wrong when I spoke to you."

           The fact that he called me pretty indirectly still has me reeling, so I just nod my head.

           He shifts a little closer to me without speaking, just staring intently for a few seconds. I hold his gaze as he takes another step closer and I hold my breath.

           The air feels thick with tension, and my heart races quickly behind my rib cage.

           He snaps out of it, voice rough. "We should head back to the others..."

           Rubbing the back of his neck again. I notice he does it when he's nervous, but I couldn't understand what would be causing him to be nervous in the first place.

           My mouth feels dry when I go to answer him, so I swallow before opening my mouth.

           "Okay," I say softly, and follow him down the hall.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - Hello! Well, I got another chapter up, hopefully, this is a little better than the last one. It might take me a while to update again but I will try to get around to it as quick as I can. I might take a little longer with chapters coming up because I might be picking up extra shifts at work. Well, hope you enjoyed the update! Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it. (: xo

-- Picture is of Luke, I changed it from the other one. He looks a little older in the picture, but he looks older in my story to me too. You can picture the characters any way you like, you're the readers after all!