The Lodger(s) [Part 4]

Inside flat, Hall, Day...

The Doctor walked down the hall, carrying a breakfast tray. He stopped at Craig's door.

"Craig! Craig!" He knocked on the door. "Breakfast! It's normal, Craig?" He opened the door. "Craig!"

The Doctor rushed in to see Craig was lying unmoving on his bed. The Doctor put the tray down on the bed and knelt beside Craig and grabbed his arm.

"Craig, I told you not to touch it! What's that?" The Doctor saw there was a large streak running up Craig's arm. "An unfamiliar and obviously poisonous substance. 'Oh, I know what would be really clever, I'll stick my hand in it!' Come on, Craig, breathe."

The Doctor pounded on Craig's chest causing him to gasp. "Come on, Craig, breathe! Thems are healthy footballer's lungs!"

The Doctor grabbed the teapot and ran from the room.

Kitchen...

The Doctor rushed to grab the teabags and cram them into the pot. "Right. Reverse the enzyme decay. Excite the tannin molecules."

Lexi walked into the kitchen just as he was rushing back out. She followed him curiously, back to Craig's room.

Craig's bedroom...

Lexi watched nervously from the doorway as The Doctor made Craig drink the tea via the spout.

"I've got to go to work." Craig said hoarsely.

"On no account. You need rest. One more."

"It's the planning meeting, it's important." Craig tried to explain after taking another drink.

"You're important. You're going to be fine, Craig."

Craig fell asleep and The Doctor slipped out with Lexi closing the door behind them.

Inside call center, Afternoon...

Craig rushed in, late for work.

"Oh, afternoon." Craig's boss greeted.

"I'm so sorry, Michael, I don't know what happened, I've got no excuse."

The Doctor popped up from under the desk right where Michael and Craig were standing.

The Doctor had on a headset and was speaking to a customer. "I think that's not what my screen is telling me, Mr. Lang."

"What's he doing here? What are you doing here?"

"If that's your attitude, Mr. Lang, please take your custom elsewhere."

"No, no, no, that's one of my best clients!"

"Oh, her Craig." Lexi said cheerily walking up to the desk.

"Lexi?" Craig asked in surprise. His day was just not going right.

"Craig, how are you feeling?" The Doctor asked. "Had some to kill, I was curious, never worked in an office. Never worked in anywhere."

"Speak for yourself. I've actually had a job before. Bookstores are wonderful, don't you think?" Lexi said while absentmindedly twirling a pencil between her fingers.

"You two are insane!"

"Leave off them." Michael defended. "I love The Doctor and Lexi. By the way Lexi, dear, you were brilliant in the planning meeting."

"Thank you, Michael." Lexi said with a smile.

"You went to the planning meeting?" Craig asked.

"Yeah."