one

one

~ Vanessa ~

"Zoe?"

"Hey, Neenee" She flashes me a small smile.

"I.. I don't understand, you're alive! Like actually alive!" I exclaim and she chuckles walking over to the bed and sitting down. "Zoe, what the hell happened? Your blood was everywhere!" I question taking a seat beside her.

"He stabbed me," She says. "That's why there was a lot of blood. But no, he didn't kill me."

"Who? Who stabbed you?" I question.

"I'm as oblivious as you are. He was just wearing a black hoodie and a black mask. I don't know who this person is either. Anyway, he brought me here and I've been here this whole time"

"But.. Why were you in the woods?"

"I managed to escape, I found out where you were and that's why I was trying to get your attention. I didn't want anyone else to see me. Everybody thinks I'm dead right?"

"Yep" I pop the 'p'.

"So, you hit me on the back of my head?" I ask.

"No no!" She exclaims. "I promise that wasn't me. That was him, he came after me and before I could stop him, he saw you and hit you unconscious. I'm so sorry, Ness."

"It's fine," I sigh. "It's not your fault."

"You look beautiful" She smiles and I chuckle looking down at my mucky dress. "I did" I catch my lip with my teeth again. "How is everyone? I've seen the picture of Melody. She so beautiful, just like her mummy. She looks exactly like Nathan though, right?" Zoe says and I giggle nodding.

"Yeah she really does. Everybody's fine... I guess" I purse my lips together. "Today's supposed to be my wedding day, and I'm stuck here. Here! In a dark damp room, basically kidnapped, I've just found out my best friend isn't actually dead and.. My wedding reception is happening right now, I just want my husband and my daughter" I place a hand on my forehead standing up.

"This is all my fault. If I hadn't of escaped and come to you, he wouldn't have found you and knocked you out. You would be safe with the people you love, Nessa.. I am so sorry."

"Don't say that!" I immediately grab her hands. "You must've been going through hell in here, you finally got out and you needed somebody. I understand, I was foolish to run into the woods alone."

"I've really missed you" Her eyes fill with tears.

"I missed you too" I sigh hugging her tightly.

There is a knock on the door causing us to pull away. Zoe stands up first and makes her say to the door.

"Be careful" I say biting my lip.

"I've been down for over a year, I'm pretty used to this place right now" She replies before opening the door and there is a bag sitting on the floor. My frown matches Zoe's and she licks it up, kicking the door shut behind her and she sits back down. I watch her unzip it to reveal a load of clothes. Zoe breathes a sigh of relief muttering. "I knew it."

"Knew what?" I question in a louder tone.

"Clothes. For you. I got some when I first got here" She hands me the bag and I groan placing a hand on my forehead. "I don't need new clothes. I need to get out of here and back to my wedding!" I exclaim.

"Look I know this is frustrating. But there's no getting out, not now, maybe not ever. Or at least not tonight so I'd change if I were you" Zoe tells me and with another sigh I nod and pull out some clothes. I change out of my dress and into some denim jeans and a grey sweater.

"I best get back to my room" Zoe stands up and I catch her wrist.

"Must you go?"

"Unfortunately. I'll come see you soon, you might wanna get some sleep or something. Rest your head" She says and I nod and watch her leave the room. I release a shaky breath, lying down on the bed. I wince when my sore head hits the pillow so I turn onto my side instead. I clamp my eyes shut, moving my hand down to sit on my stomach. I purse my lips together and I fight back the tears threatening to spill.

There's nothing I want more than to be in Nathan's arms, around family and friends, knowing they're all okay. I sniffle, digging my face further into the pillow.

"It's all going to be okay, baby" I whisper down to my unborn child.

"I promise we will get out of here, and we will be with daddy and your little sister and all of our friends and family again."

*****

"Neenee.... Neenee..." A voice spoke and I feel my body being shaken by a hand.

I flutter my eyes open to see Zoe towering over me. She flashes me a sympathetic smile and I groan sitting up. "What's going on?" I question.

"I made us breakfast. You must eat, c'mon" Zoe grabs my hand and pulls me up, dragging me through into a main room where there is a living area and a kitchen area. I frown watching her sit down at a dining table where there is fruit, bacon, eggs and pancakes set out as well as tea and orange juice.

"Where even are we? A country house?" I ask scanning the room carefully.

"That is exactly where we are," Zoe nods. "A country house in the middle of nowhere. Somewhere nobody would ever look."

"Why haven't you just kicked the door down already?" I point to the front door puzzled.

"Because they're shielded from the outside. It's almost impossible to get out without a code and disarming them" Zoe explains. "Now sit down. Eat."

I huff, sitting across from her and piling food on my plate. Despite being kidnapped and locked in a house in the middle of nowhere with my best friend who is supposedly dead, I'm very pregnant and very hungry.

"Wow, easy tiger" Zoe chuckles looking at all of my food.

I roll my eyes and I stuff food down my throat, moaning at the taste.

My pleasure has suddenly disappeared and I'm overcome with nausea. I clamp my hand over my mouth and I run to the nearest door, to my luck, it turns out to be a bathroom. I collapse to my knees and I vomit everything up into the toilet.

"Oh my gosh. Sweetie are you okay?" Zoe says, gathering my hair up and holding it back until I'm finished. I groan flushing the toilet and slumping back.

"Damn you shouldn't have eaten so much. Either that or..-" Zoe pauses and it dawns on her. "Oh my gosh, you're pregnant!"

"Yep" I pop the 'p'.

"Now I feel awful. You're with child, you shouldn't be locked up here. You should be at home, safe with your husband and your daughter and your family-"

"Zoe. Stop. I've already told you, this isn't your fault" I squeeze her hand.

"You're too good to me, Neenee" She sighs. "Whatever happens, I promise I'll try everything to protect you and your baby."

"And I will protect you" I mumble before hugging her tightly and I frown looking behind her shoulder to see a load of smoke seeping through the bottom of the door. "Zoe. Zoe, look" I point and she turns around wearing the same expression as me.

"Oh my god!" She gasps. "Don't breathe it in!"

"Too late" I slur feeling woozy.

"I... I suddenly feel very tired" Zoe yawns closing her eyes and she falls limp. I soon follow her when everything blacks out.