Part Two

Today's the big day. The day we move. I looked into my empty bedroom one last time, before closing the door. This was where I grew up. So many boys and friends and drama had been in that room. I didn't want to leave. This was all I knew. A tear rolled down my face and I quickly wiped it away.

"Maddie let's go!" my mom yelled from downstairs. I slowly walked down the old creaky staircase for the last time ever. The house was so empty and now so was my heart. I looked out the back door, the kitchen, even in the bathroom. Just to see it one last time.

I slammed the front door and stepped onto the concrete sidewalk. Outside was Mackenzie playing fetch with our dog Maliboo. Kenzie was excited to move. I stepped back and looked at the red brick gorgeous house one more time. All the memories came back.

I thought of happy times, with my birth father, Kurt, before my parents divorce. Sometimes we would have family game nights, or family movie nights. Dad would let us sneak some chocolate, while Mom was strict about us eating healthy. I thought about the day we brought home Maliboo, his cute little self scurrying around the wood floors, making little scratching noises as he went.

I also thought about sad times. When I had my first heart break. I chuckled at my younger self. The guy was horrible and I was only a freshman. I thought about when my parents used to fight, and the worst day, when my dad hit my mom. I haven't seen my dad since that day.

I climbed into the backseat of the minivan and re-thought everything I just thought about. Another tear slipped down my face. This time, I didn't wipe it off. I let it roll down my face, and onto my lap.

End of Part Two.
                                  *
Sorry this is short but this chapter is actually like really sad for me to write omg haha. Please vote and comment and I'll update really soon. Thanks for reading!
xoxo,
Sophie