Chapter 10

Dan sat across from his mother in a small plastic hospital chair. She was awake, seemed fine. Bandages were covering up her arms and he eyes were bloodshot.

"Why." Dan said calmly, staring intensely at her.

She fiddled with the blankets. "Dan..."

"WHY?" Dan shouted louder. "Who. Who did this because I know you didn't. Don't you dare tell me you did." He said quieter, eyes starting to water.

"That's no way to talk to your mother Daniel." She replied louder, lump in her throat.

"MUM I NEARLY FUCKING LOST YOU! ALL I CARE ABOUT IS WHO I HAVE TO HURT." He screamed, finally breaking down crying.

"Baby come here." His mother said sadly, ushering him beside him.

Dan slumped his way to the bed, hugging his mum and crying in her arms. He cried and whimpered, clutching onto her. "I l-love you s-so much." He whispered, sniffing as his tears stopped. "Mum please, tell me when y-you get better who did this. P-Promise?"

She nodded with a frown, cradling Dan slightly. They stayed like that for a while, and out of exhaustion, both falling asleep peacefully.

Shortly afterwards, Phil entered the room to check on the two and awed softly. They seemed like such a happy family.

Now he knew, he had to stick with Dan now and help him through this. Whatever was going on.

xx