Chapter One

Three years earlier

S C A R L E T T

"Can you please take care of the customers?" Mama called before placing books In there rightful place.

"Of course ma." I smiled and ran to the counter, checking out a lady's book and kids book for her son.

"Do you have a library card rewards with us?" I asked nicely to the woman. 

"Uh no thanks. Maybe tomorrow." She smiled politely as I nodded.

"Alright. Your total Is seventeen sixy-seven." I smiled at her.

She nodded before swiftly opening her wallet and handing me a twenty.

"Would you like your receipt with you or In the bag?" 

"Uhh bag Is fine." She smiled.

I nodded. "Alright, two thirty-three Is your change and you guys have a wonderful day." I smiled at them and handed them their bag.

"Thanks you too sweet heart." She smiled and left with her son.

"You need help, Ma?" I asked Mama.

"Nah I'll be quite ok. You can go some where with your friends now." She smiled up at me as I bit my lip.

"Are you sure?" I asked looking at her.

"I'm alright dear, go have some fun." She smiled at me.

"Thank you mama, I love you." I smiled and kissed her cheek, before grabbing my stuff and exiting out of the store.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

N I A L L

"You have been out way to much young man." My friend Harry tried to cope with me.

I have been having rough patches In my life and I just needed one girl to change It all.

"Would you staph being soo defensifee." I slurred making him roll his eyes In disgust.

"You need to snap out of It. Women are not dogs or slaves. You can't force them to party with you then make them have sex with you at the last minute. That's like animal cruelty but with women!" Harry groaned.

I rolled my eyes. "No one will no." I slurred and patted his chest with my bare hands.

He scoffed and tried to help me up groaning more and more as we take more steps. "What have you been drinking!" He complained.

"Beer." I shrugged, before slipping Into my passenger seat.

"Now don't you dare crash my baby, or I will crash your face." I warned.

Harry rolled his eyes again and turned on the ignition.

"You know.. If you keep rolling your eye like that, they're going to roll out of their sockets." I nodded and finally hit the window passing out.

"Moron." Harry snickered, before making It to our flat.

N/ Drunk Niall Is the best Niall. I love Harry actually! There now you get a little glimpse Into Scarlett and Niall's back story before they meet. How do you think they will meet?

Love you my Giraffe children.