"Sword bugs?" I ask.

"Oh yes we call the Sb's they are little bugs with cameras on them. If we tried to get rid of them the slice your hand." She explains. I grimace at the thought.

She laughs and we reach the courtyard. There were girls in pjs shirts and some with pants. The fire was larger and all of them were gathered at tables and we're eating some cookies and milk. You could hear a few girls sing in beautiful harmony and multiple laughs.

The girls in the towels walk down the large path way.

"Take a left." She says and guides me down a side pathway to the main one. The trees have no houses but have lanterns strung against them.

We come up to a large bubbling pool of water. It had rocks in it and was perfectly clear. It was surrounded by 7 oak trees that all had doors and a little line of girls.

Blue guides me to a small little tree. Underneath the tree was a basket topped with soaps. I grab one as does blue, while other girls that get out drop soaps in.

Blue leads me into the spring and we take off out towels.

"Ahhhhhhhh." Blue says and she sinks into the water. I laugh and start to scrub off some dirt and grime.

"So was the spring a natural one?" I ask and set the soap by my towel and ask up the water.

"No. Everything except the forest we built. One of the builders was hear a while back to dig a drench when she hit the heating and water pipes. The pipes were leading to our fields. So one of the builder opened a whole in them so our used water goes to plant and other water stays for cleaning." Blue explains.

Suddenly about 5 girls come walking up. They were on the ground while blue and I were in the water.

"The names Beth and you should watch out you stick. I still believe you are a spy to Wckd." Snaps the leader.

"I believe in unicorns." I say simply.

"What?" The lackey of Beth asked.

"Sorry I thought we were telling each other that we believed in untrue things." I say sassily. Blue burst out laughing and Beth's group leaves.

"Omg that was perfect! Victoria would be so proud." Fake sniffles blue.

"Why would I be proud?" Says the blonde as she walks up.

Blue launches into a story as I lay back and wash my hair. By the time I'm done Victoria is rolling around clutching her stomach and blue is in tears.

"You should have seen her face!" Blue laughs harder.

"Oh I wish I had been there." Sighs Victoria as she jumps into the water.

"Hey why did she call me a stick?" I asked confused.

"It's our type of slang I suppose." Blue says. I nod and all three of us get out wrapping a towel around us.

We walk to an oak tree. Victoria looks at me and waggles her eyebrows.

"Race me?" She asked. I grin. Blue runs ahead of us to judge.

"Ready, set, go!" Blue screams. We drew a small crowd. We both set off. Neck and neck but I stayed strong where as she slowed down and I won.

I smiled when I reached blue. She was astounded. I cocked my head to the side. Victoria comes running up gasping air.

"Remember when I said doctors are also substitutes?" Victoria panted I nodded my head.

"I was the number one runner substitute. But it looks like you'll take my place." She says with a sly smile. I let out a laugh.

"And it just so happens, a runner hurt her ankle and can't run tomorrow. Yay! Now I get to stay here and be lazy!" Victoria cheers. The crowd laughs and dispersed while I jog into the oak tree.

Quick as a bunny I did all the feminine stuff and got dressed. I stepped out and blue rushed in. Victoria was outside already dressed and waiting for me.

"Hey you know you don't have to go right? It's just that the maze and the monsters, most newbies don't want to go and their are limited runner doctors." Victoria rambled.

"Monsters?" I ask. Her eyes widened.

"Yes we call them grievers. They roam the maze at night. The doors close in like 5 minutes and trap the monsters out. The grievers are deadly and has this serum that makes you go insane. We shave the antidote though." Victoria says.

"Can't we just stay in the maze all night? You can avoid the monsters." I say.

"No, the grievers always get you. And if they don't you get lost because the maze changes every night." Victoria says.

"Are the maze changes different everyday?" I ask.

"No, it repeats every 8 days in the 8 sections." She says.

"What if there was like a code. Like if you drew out the section in each day then like layered them there was something that points to a way out." I say thinking aloud.

"You know what, it's worth a shot." Victoria says. Suddenly a loud rumbling surprises me. I practically jump into the air.

Victoria laughs. Blue walks up to the two of us. Me with a shocked face and her with an amused one.

"She heard the doors close." Victoria says. They both snicker and we all start to leave the bathtree.

We walk to the court yard. We were gathered by the fire listening to songs when piper came walking up with Harriet behind her. Piper was holding a large plate piled high with cookies.

"Hello friends." She sings and places the cookies on my lap. They all dig in and I'm leaning away from my legs. They laugh at my reaction.

I grumble and pick up a cookie. I bite into it and moan aloud.

"This. Cookie. Is. So. Good. I. Might. Die." I said and stare at the cookie in awe.

"Aww thank you darling it was my turn to make em tonight. But right now is time for bed. Blue and Amber run along. Victoria said something about an idea on the maze." Piper says and shoos us away.

"It's alright piper, amber came up with the idea and blues her roomate." Victoria laughs. Piper makes and O shaped face.

Cat and sherry prance up also to hear my idea.

"Ok so Einstein here has an idea about the maps on the maze." Victoria says. They all turn their attention to me.

"Wait you already have maps?" I ask getting excited

"Ya we do. We map everyday." Cat said.

"Okay so what it you layer section 1 for one day onto section one the next day. Like you later them and it lines up and it's like a code to the way out." I say.

"We can try but these creators are awful people I doubt it be that easy." Cat said. I nod in understanding.

"Well we can always check it out but I have to go to bed now. First day of work tomorrow." I say with a smile.

"Oh yeah forgot to tell you. Amber here beat me in a leg race so I want her to be number one in substitution." Victoria said. Cat nods in approval and we all get up to go to bed.

Blue and eye walked tiredly to our tree house and right when we hit our pillow, we are out like a light.