What is a parody?

parody
ˈparədi/
noun
1.
an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.
"the film is a parody of the horror genre"
synonyms:bsatire, burlesque, lampoon, pastiche, caricature, take-off, skit, imitation, mockery; informalspoof, send-up; informalpappyshow; vulgar slangpiss-take; rarepasquinade, pasticcio
"a parody of the Gothic novel"

verb
1.
produce a humorously exaggerated imitation of (a writer, artist, or genre).
"his speciality was parodying schoolgirl fiction"

Parodying on Twitter has become a sort of culture and part of fandoms. Some people make parodies of specific bands, musicians, actors and all sorts. Why are they made? Well, it's a pretty fun way to get to talk to other fans and also create a mystery of some sort. Some fans may believe the parody is actually the "character" using a fan account (though the parodies will always deny being the actual character) and often people who portray the character feel as though they are able to relate to the character more ways than one. It's also a good way to make fans feel a little closer to their idols and favourite people.

I chose to parody Nia as we do have quite a few similarities - from being vegetarians to similar music and clothing tastes. I think Hey Violet are a great and fresh new band and it's cool to ride this journey with them and their fans and grow up and with them.