Chapter 4 - I'm Sorry Mom

-flashback to two nights prior-
•Vic's POV

"I'm sorry mom." I confessed, wrapping my arms around my mothers shoulders, just to have her push away.

"Victor you needed this!" She whined. "We needed you to stay in the business! You just had to ruin it, huh Victor? Is that what you wanted to do? Did you just do that because you wanted an excuse to get away from me?" She cried.

"Mom it's not my fault!" I whisper-yelled, tears filling my eyes. "Gerard fired me because he thought I misplaced the stash. It wasn't me mom. Even Jack knows that. Gee refuses to look at the fucking security camera footage." I said calmly.

"Go stay with Mike." She cried.

"What?" I gasped.

"Vic, I love you baby but you can't stay here if I'm not getting rent, I just can't afford it. I'll be happy as ever to have you back." She proclaims, lightly pushing me out of the front door.

"What about my stuff?" I say angrily.

"I'll have Mike pick it up." She says, closing the door.

My life is over.

-present time-
•Kellin's POV

Lunch with Vic went great. Even though 90% of the time he looked like he was on edge, or like nervous. I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with him. He's been acting strange since this morning.

"Thanks for the food, Kellin, I appreciate it. My brothers house is actually a few blocks away." Vic says from beside me. My thumbs were tracing shapes along the steering wheel.

"Eager to get away from me so soon?" I joke.

"Not exactly." He mumbles. I let out a small chuckle.

I hope sooner or later he'll open up to me and stop being so god damn uptight.

I see him fumbling through his pockets from the corner of my eye. "Something wrong?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yeah- I uh, I think I forgot my phone at your place." He says unsurely.

"Oh, my mistake, eager to stay with me?" I correct and laugh. He smirks.

I pull up to my apartment and park out front. I hand him the keys.

"Number 238, the blue key." I mention. He nods and gets out, shutting the door behind him.

--

•Vic's POV

I get out of the car and practically run up to his place. If I would've left my phone here my cover would've been blown as soon as he seen all the text messages Jack probably left me.

And I was right, as soon as I stepped in his apartment, I heard my phone start to ring.

I quickly picked it up and didn't bother looking at the caller ID. "Hello?" I asked.

"Vic! Hey Vic, you finally answer. Did you get any of my texts?" He says.

"I just got my phone, why what's up?"

"Where were you?"

"I was with a friend." I answer.

"Okay, sure, but listen, Gee is willing to take you back."

I nearly choked on air.

"Are you serious?" I grinned. This was amazing.

"Yes! Me, Alex, and Zack had a very long and thorough talk with him. Stop by the warehouse at like 5 tonight. Can't talk, bye." He ends.

I turn around and jump at the sight of Kellin in the doorway, crossing his arms and looking very unimpressed.

"Excited, are we? I'm not. You never told me what the hell is up with you." He comments.

I gulp. "It was just my friend Alex, uh I got my job back."

I regretted saying that as soon as he opened his mouth again.

"You never told me what your job is. I've known you for almost two days and all I know is your first name and how nice your arms are. You practically know my entire life story." He says, sighing. I blushed at the comment about my arms.

"I'm sorry." I say, vulnerable.

"If you weren't so cute I wouldn't of accepted your apology. It's your lucky day mister." He winked, turning around and returning to his car supposedly.

I raised my eyebrows and kind of smiled. Kellin's cute, he thinks I'm cute, win win?

I followed him outside and got in the car with him. He ended up putting his number in my phone before we even pulled out of the driveway.

--

"Kellin, slow down!" I practically yelled.

"Vic you're fine. I am here to protect you and save the day!" He said dramatically.

Kellin started off as finding this deserted dirt road and going 90 miles per hour down it, now we're in the parking lot of a mall doing donuts.

"Feel the rush, Vic?" He winked.

I let out a deep breath when he finally stopped. "You could've killed us." I add.

"But I didn't!" He says enthusiastically.

"Sure." I sigh, rubbing my forehead. "You're killing me. Or should I say, you're Kellin me." I laugh at my own joke.

"Yeah, I've never heard that one before." He says sarcastically.

Before I could object, Kellin curses. "Oh shit." He sighs, I look at the mirror seeing red and blue lights behind us.

My eyes widen and I broke out in a sweat. Kellin rolled down the window and flirtatiously smirked at the officer. "What seems to be the problem, sir?"

"Are you aware of what you're doing young man?"

"Sir all I've been doing is myself, my boyfriend Vic over here doesn't give me any action anymore." He comments. I almost choked.

"Sorry to hear that, but I'm going to have to write you up for a ticket." He says, fake-sadly.

"But sir, I don't see what I did so wrong. I'm just spending an afternoon having a bit of fun with my honey bun." He says sweetly, squeezing my thigh. My eyes widen at the sudden contact.

"Maybe you can have fun with your honey bun in the arcade down on fifth street and not recklessly driving in a parking lot, got it?"

Kellin nods.

"I'll let this one slide, but son next time I see you doing something stupid I won't hesitate." The officer says, walking away.

Kellin rolls up his window.

"That was a close call, huh honey bun?" Kellin winks at me.

I slap his arm off of me and laugh. Oh what an afternoon.