Chapter 2: Change of Routine

So here comes the first day school and I get rudely awaken at 6am to sound of my grandmothers voice   yelling "Bonnie if you don't get your ass out of that bed I'm gonna come in there and throw water on you." So I quickly jump up because I knew from experience she wasn't kidding. The last thing I wanted to do was mess up my freshly done hair. Even tho I had always been more of a tomboy I always took pride in my hair and it had to always look good. Time to get ready was limited but by this time I was already used to the routine. Since my grandmother took the job in New Jersey I knew I had to take the trip to school in Manhattan by myself this school year. For the past few school years I would get up everyday early get ready for school as I watch my early morning cartoons. I would walk down a few blocks to the NJ Transit and take it to Hoboken where I would have to transfer and take the Path train to 14th st. Then after all that take the bus and walk a few blocks from the bus stop to school. It was a lot to do everyday but the trip wasnt really long and like I said I was used to it. I wasn't exactly excited about it being my last year because I knew once freshman year of high school came along I had to start all over again with new friends except this time it would be Jersey Girls. You see I always lived in Jersey but I spent so much time going to school in New York and spending all my free time, vacation, and summers there that I knew nothing about Jersey nor did I care to. The plus to my grandmother taking that new job is that now instead of me making the trip back and forth everyday I would get to stay in my godmothers house in the lower east side of Manhattan better known to most of us as the LES. So that meant not having to get up so early because she only lived walking distance away but it especially meant more freedom. My godmother was the best she knew that sheltering a child from the real world was a bad idea so she let me enjoy my childhood as much as possible. It was gonna be a full house but I was ready I loved being with my godbrother and my godsisters. Living with my grandmother and her husband was lonely. Not to mention always being bored I mean I had everything top of the line for the most part but what fun is it with no one to share it with. My Mom had given me two little sisters but since my grandmother always made an excuse on why I couldn't stay with her I only ended up seeing them for holidays. So I was pretty much an only child. Trust me I was more than ready for the change of atmosphere even if it was only for a few days out of the week. I was so happy that my godmother got her to agree with the plan I couldn't wait to have more time with my friends especially since I probably wouldn't see them for awhile after graduation.