Prolouge

"Derrick!" I yelled over the noise of the music at the party, which Louis was currently throwing. I couldn't seem to locate my boyfriend, I was just about to turn off the music when I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist. I turned around to find my boyfriend looking at me, "Baby, I've been looking everywhere for you." he said and I sighed and rested my head on his chest, "I've been looking for you." He laughed and kissed the top of my head. "You wanna go somewhere else?" He whispered in my ear and I nodded. "I'm tired can you take me home now?" he nodded and kissed me. He stopped by to thank Louis first then led me out to his car. Now let me get one thing straight, Derrick and I, we are both still virgins, we've told ourselves that we're gonna wait until we're married, I know, you wouldn't expect that kind of thing from the two most popular kids at school, but hey, I have standards you know, sure the main plot line is already a little bit cliche but whatever. 

Derrick pulled up to my house and let me out. "I'll see you in the morning beautiful." he said and I smiled. "Bye Derrick!" I yelled as I walked in my front door. "Mom! I'm home!" I hollered as I went upstairs to review my cheer moves for the upcoming school year. My phone rang and I stopped mid-routine. "Hey Rachel!" "Maddie! You will not believe who I just ran into at the car shop." "Who would that be?" I asked as I grabbed my water bottle and took a swig. "I ran into Shaun!" I rolled my eyes, he had been really rude to me my sophomore year after I had trusted him with alot of my secrets. "He and Emily finally got back together, but then they broke up!" Rachel seemed excited. "Okay, and?" I asked, I was anxious to get back to practicing for Cheer. "Just thought you'd want to know, oh and Shaun said to tell you that he wants to see you after the cheer meeting tonight, alone." I nodded my head. "Okay, I have to go, I have to finish running through the routines for cheer! I'll text you later!" I said and then hung up. 

************

It was almost time for the cheer meeting and I was relaxing in my room, thinking about a year ago tonight. One week left of summer, not even that six days. Just like one year ago today...

*FLASHBACK*

I grabbed Derricks phone and ran. He'd dumped me into the water. "Maddie! Come back here with that you little brat!" he screamed and I ran faster. I was fast but Derrick was faster. He picked me up and spun me around. I gave him his phone back and he set me back down. He tried to kiss my cheek but I wouldn't let him. "Not until you say that you're sorry for dumping me in the water." He turned me around to face him. "I'm sorry." I looked up and met his eyes. They were shining and full of love. He rested his forehead against mine. His lips met mine and the kiss was soft, I kissed him back. When he pulled away, I smiled. "Happy Anniversary baby." we said at the same time. 

*FLASHBACK OVER* 

My phone buzzed and answered it. "Hello?" "Hi babe. Grab your video camera and come outside!" Derrick said as he hung up. I grabbed my video camera and ran outside. When I got outside Derrick  had his back turned. I took the opportunity, and set up my video camera and put my finger to my lips.  I then turned around and ran towards Derrick, he still has his back turned and was just returning his phone to his back pocket. I jumped on his back and we fell to the ground. He rolled over so that he was hovering over me. He leaned down and kissed me before jumping up and pulling me up with him. "What did you need baby?" I asked him as he wrapped his arms around me. He looked at me and said, "Listen, we need to talk." my face fell and I asked, "What about?" "This." He pulled away and backed up a few steps, then he tiled his head back and shouted. "I, DERRICK JONES, LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND, MADELINE BLACK!" I blushed and my mouth fell open. He turned towards me and I smiled. "I MADELINE BLACK LOVE MY BOYFRIEND DERRICK JONES!" 

I ran towards him and he picked me up and spun me around. I buried my face in his neck and said, "You are an amazing boyfriend." He kissed my head and said, "Not as amazing as you are."