36) The Fountain Spot

Começar do início

Belle rolls her eyes. "I'm pretty sure we are supposed to cheer on the players who actually play in the games" she says.

Danny lunges for her and suddenly starts tickling her sides. Belle lets out a scream of laughter. "Stop it asshole I'm driving" she shrieks, wriggling in her seat.

"Take it back" Danny says tauntingly, continuously tickling her sides. I watch them and feel a warm happiness in my chest that the two people I cared about most in the world were getting along again.

"Fine! I take it back! you will get play time" Belle shouts. Danny pulls his hands away from her sides as a smug smile forms on his face. "That's what I thought".

Belle parks the car in a parking spot. As soon as she yanks the key out she shouts "In the fifth quarter!" before scrambling out the car. Danny chases her down the parking lot as I walk slowly towards the school, watching them happily.

"Hey Senior!" a voice calls out. I turn around to find Brandon walking towards me. I grin back. "What's up fellow senior" I call back.

"Please tell me you have final period Chemistry too" he says as we walk together into the already crowded building.

"Yes Sir I do. Do you want to be my lab partner?" I ask him. Brandon shrugs. "Well if I want any chance of getting an A I'll need the smartest person as my partner".

"Yep, I'm pretty sure Danny is in that class too so you can ask him" I say back. Brandon lets out a laugh. "As tempting as that sounds I think I should find a partner that won't blow up the classroom".

"Hey do you know who the new Chemistry teacher is?" I ask him. Our schedule didn't show a name. Brandon shrugs. "I have no clue. I've gotta bounce if I want to make it to P.E in time. See ya at lunch!" he calls out, walking away.

"At the fountain spot!" I call out. I watch his head fall back in laughter. "You're crazy Adams" he calls back before turning the corner.

I continue walking towards my first class as I spot another familiar person walking my way. It's Zack.

As Zack looks up and sees me he stops walking. Swiftly, he turns around and walks away from me. "Zack, wait!" I call out but he continues walking.

I weave through the crowd, desperately trying to catch up with him. "Zack" I call out his name but he ignores it and speeds up. "Please! We need to talk! Zack!" I call out but finally give up as he turns into a classroom.

I let out a deep sigh before turning my direction back towards my first class.

My first three classes go by pretty quickly. As I promised Danny, at the end of my third period economics I raise my hand and ask Mrs. Hartbrow a question. I successfully keep us back two minutes, only earning a few glares from the popular kids.

As my class lets out I steer as fast as I can towards the outside quad. As I pass Belle who is reluctantly chatting with a few of the football guys, she quickly ends her conversation with them and joins me in our speed walk towards the fountain.

"Do you think he got there in time?" I ask her. Belle snorts. "Not a chance".

But we are both astonished when we open the doors and walk outside to find Danny standing on the table directly in front of the fountain screaming "The spot is mine! All mine!".

Belle and I cheer as we walk over to the table. Danny sees us and lets out a loud whoop. "There are my amazing girls!" he shouts loudly.

"Danny, get down before a teacher gives you detention" I hiss through my laughter as Belle and I sit down. I ignore the glares I am getting from multiple cheerleaders and football players and even look away as they walk over to us.