-clrs, alernate ending,

- w h a t   i f ?

"Goddammit," Hayley said, glaring at her tiny fingers. "God fucking dammit," Hayley sighed, taking one hand and grabbing her hair with it. "There is no good way of saying this, oh christ I would rather kill myself than say this... But..."

Ashely listened carefully, taking a sip of her hot chocolate, her eyes glued on to Hayley's green ones. "Fuck, Ashley stop staring at me like that." Ashley only giggled and shrugged, still looking at Hayley the same way.

"I- I... Oh my god."

"HAYLEY I WILL STAB YOU WITH A FORK, OH MY GOD, JUST SAY IT!" Ashley yelled loudly, making almost everyone in the café look at her.

"I..." Hayley started. "I... I actually have nothing to say I'm just very bored and I was supposed to tell you something cool then I forgot it."

Ashley widened her eyes, and she swore that if she wasn't in public she would have spilled the hot chocolate all over Hayley. Ashley inhaled deeply and mumbled while smiling politely, "I will punch you, oh my fucking god, I'm gonna punch you."

Hayley laughed, rolling her eyes at the tiny girl (Halsey's my smol baby shhh). Then suddenly Hayley's expression turned serious again, "No seriously though, I have to tell you something..."

"Dan showed me this flyer-" Hayley paused, taking out her phone, scrolling for a while until she found the picture she was looking for. It was a picture of her hand holding the flyer. "- and I thought it was pretty cool." She handed her phone to Ashely, making the lilac haired girl furrow her eyebrows.

"Badlands?" Ashley asked, she was confused, she has never heard of it before.

"Some say that it's a more depressing version of Las Vegas, like middle of nowhere, filled with hopeless losers. It first started as a paper town, you know like a fake town map makers would use to make sure that they weren't plagiarized, then people started moving there and now it's just... There."

"So you're saying...?"

"I'm going to go there."

"What, why?"

"Because all I do is sit and silence waiting for a sign... Sick and full of pride, and like... New York never felt like home to me. So I'm leaving."

"But Hayley, isn't New York screwed up enough for you?"

"I'd rather see people with broken dreams than see people being broken by their dreams."

In honor of Badlands coming out in a few days and I'm peeing my pants lol. But yes so eitherway, Hayley leaves :-(

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL FOR UR SUPPORT UR COMMENTS MAKE ME ALL HAPPY AND JUST JWKENDDN YA'LL ARE SO CUTE AND ALSO I'M SORRY FOR LIKE NOT REPLYING TO YOUR COMMENTS BUT I READ ALL OF THEM AND I THINK THAT YA'LL ARE SO CUTE OMG BABES ILYYYY