Chapter 23 - You Never Stop Worrying When It Comes To Colton Andrews

Start from the beginning

"About nothing... I just..." I pause for a minute, contemplating about whether to tell Drake or not.

"You just?" he prompts.

"It's Colton."

The moment I say this, Drake's eyebrows shoot up, an amused smile on his lips. "You're worried about Colty? Seriously?"

"Yes," I reply, slowly starting to walk and beckon the blonde to join me. He obliges.

"Trust me, you never stop worrying when it comes to Colton Andrews. I'm tired of worrying about him: I've done it so many times."

"Really?" I ask.

"Mm-hmm. The kid's really fucked up and no one knows what goes on in his pea sized brain. But he's my best friend, I'm bound to be worried sometimes; well, most of the times."

A new found admiration for Drake forms in my heart as I realize how special their friendship is.

Colton, Drake and Cam bicker so much that my ears bleed, but they always have each others' backs, no matter what, even if it is unknowingly.

"...but he just snaps at me for worrying; says that he's fucking fine, but I know he's not." Drake pauses. "Ella are you even listening?"

"I am." I smile at him and he returns it, staring at me straight in the eyes; those eyes of his hold so much warmth in them, it's like his tattoos are just a façade to cover his extremely nice side.

But Colton's piercing blue eyes are something more different.

They hold you captive in their majesty; they're the most beautiful pair of orbs I've ever seen, showing how strong and steady he is; though I know he's not that steady as he portrays himself to be.

He's broken from inside, completely shattered, but I wouldn't have known it if it weren't for trust.

His trust in me.

Otherwise, why would've he told me about his insomnia and insecurities so directly?

Oh, my goodness, Colton why are you so complicated?

"Change the topic," Drake sings, "I won't like it if I came to know that someone talks shit like this about me when I'm not there. Fucking creepy."

"Drake, you're crazy," I giggle, my eyes widening slightly, covering my mouth with my hands to control my laughter.

"Only for you," he grins at me and I falter in my steps, thinking I heard him wrong.

His pace slows down too, and he finally comes to a stop, making my feet freeze.

"I-I mean, I..." Drake begins, ducking his head instantly. "I just... Ella..."

He stutters and stammers before me and his ears turn red by the minute; I know how embarrassing he must be feeling - the same way I know I will feel when Colton will come to know about my crush on him, which I'm hoping isn't in near future.

"Drake, it's fine," I say, not wanting the situation to become more awkward than it already is. "Everyone has a slip of tongue. I understand."

"No you don't, actually," he sighs, and I feel my heart race, not wanting to think about what he could say next.

Of course, I do... My sister spilled the beans.

"I wasn't lying." Drake looks up slightly, and I hope my face isn't pale because that would be a straight giveaway to the fact that I hold totally platonic feelings for him, and nothing else.

But I can't bring it in myself to say that to the guy in front of me.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask, nevertheless.