Masters of the Mafia. Capitulo Uno (Suit & Tie)

Start from the beginning

"Let's make a toast!" Claire exclaimed, raising her glass up in the air. "To Sofia and Daniel, may they have a fun and exciting sex life for the years to come."

We laughed and raised our glass up to hers.

"I'll make sure to keep it that way, my friends." Sofi grinned.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Four hours later the girls were passed out from drinking four bottles of wine. I tip-toed my way around them and turned off the movie room lights before closing the door behind me. The servants had already gone home, so the mansion was eerily quiet. I poured myself a glass of milk and took a seat in the kitchen table.

I wonder if the guys are still out partying?

I pulled out my iPhone and decided to face time Santi. He picked up on the third ring.

"Missing me?" his handsome face showed on my screen phone.

"I'm bored. The girls fell asleep and I'm all alone. Where are you?"

"We came back to the hotel about an hour ago. I'm in bed already." he moved his phone to show me the empty side of his bed...the one I was supposed to be in right now.

"You better not have done any funny business with those strippers Martin hired."

"How do you know Martin got strippers?" he laughed.

"I know my brother, he's a little man-whore." I rolled my eyes. "Did Alex join you guys?"

"No,  your brother said he had some work to take care of so he couldn't make it. We both know that's not true..."

My poor brother. Ever since finding out about Sofia's engagement he'd been avoiding hanging out with our group of friends.

"I'll have to give him a call soon, and make sure that he's okay. Sofia still cares about him as a friend and I know it worries her that he's distanced himself from us."

"He's a good guy" Santi agreed.

"Have you been keeping tabs on Christopher Hayes?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah, he's kept a low profile. Hasn't done anything to contact me. Mike and I aren't worried about him." he cleared his throat. "Has Moretti contacted you?"

I shook my head. "No"

The night after I'd gotten the call from Gavin, Luca Moretti's right hand man, I'd told Santiago about it once we were alone and away from our friends. He'd been very angry about the fact the Italians had decided to contact him through me but I told him it was probably because they knew Santi would not want anything to do with them after they kidnapped me.

"You have to let me know as soon as they call you. I don't want them to do the same thing they did last time. I'll kill them all if they lay a hand on you."

"I promise I'll let you know right away."

While Santiago was worried about Luca Moretti and the Italians, I was worried about Agent Hayes...when I met him he made it perfectly clear that he was determined to capture Santi and put him behind bars. Santi might not think he's a threat but if Chris and the CIA were to capture him they would do everything in their power to extradite him to the U.S. they knew as much as we did that if they were to leave Santiago in a Mexican prison he wouldn't stay locked up for long.

"Just promise me that you'll be careful. That agent wants you in jail, don't underestimate him."

"I know how to take care of myself. Tu tranquila, yo nervioso."