I was even daring enough to ask Eren about the two jealous boys a couple of times, but I tried to make my questions sound not so suspicious, so Eren wouldn't get any idea. But stubborn as he can be, he usually replied with a shrug or with one simple sentence.

No clue.

Why would I care?

I really have no idea.

The most I've ever gotten was about Jean. Apparently, he was here the day of the accident and he hasn't seen him in school much lately. Levi, on the other hand looks completely normal to Eren's eyes, maybe with a twisted nose, but he really doesn't care and I didn't had enough guts to ask him any further.

Just hearing how Levi is doing was fine by me but it also hurt my feelings along the way.

He is apparently fine, so why has he not been here yet? Was it my entire fault? Did he push me away, because I went on rampage and slapped him?

It was sad to think about it, but at least I still had Eren, my friends and lovely memories of Levi constantly by my side.

+++

On one cold Sunday evening, a day before I could finally go home, I sat in complete silence, reading a simple book Christa gave me a few days ago. Visits were long forbidden that day, since the late hour threw the shadow across the local hospital. The only sounds, keeping me company, were nurses rushing up and down the hallways, the murmur of cold wind, moving the trees and cars moving in distance. Everything else was just the sound of me, turning the pages of Christa's long favourite series – The mortal instruments.

And let me tell you – the girl has an amazing taste!

As I was practically eating up the pages of the first book, the only thing, illuminating the place was moonlight. Even if I was killing my vision, I didn't care – reading has become a big part of me since I've woken up in a hospital only two weeks or less ago, but it just felt like I've been here for a whole month. All I could do was to move to the table in lunchtime, go to the toilet and do my quick fresh-up routine and that was it. Most of the days I just lay in bed, but not because I was lazy; it was because doctors thought I wasn't ready to face the world yet after my tragic accident.

But I sure hell was – I missed the sunlight on my face, running up and down with my friends, my home, going to places or just enjoying a good slice of pizza with Eren. And even if I had to wait I was hella impatient.

So reading a book on one of these boring days was just relaxing. I could step into that fictional world, created by the author, where all of my troubles were lost and I would feel so free.

But nothing was perfect enough without music – so I put on my little headphones and listened to my playlist of indie/alternative and classical rock. It just went along with the story.

I can say that as much as I want but the fact that putting on headphones and listening to loud music makes me completely deaf is quite funny. I can't hear a single sound and I really enjoy that feeling. But things can get super creepy if you don't hear a person sneaking in your boring hospital room in the middle of the night, hoping he won't stab you.

And that is just what happened to me.

Halfway across the chapter and listening to some sick beats, something little, but big enough for my eyes caught my attention and I almost freaked out.

Something jumped into my room and the noise of shutting door led afterwards. I was quick enough to press pause on my phone and drop my book in the middle of the sentence, just to look, who dared to come into my room in the middle of the night.