The girl who cried wolf: Chapter five

Start from the beginning

     “Luca? Luca, are you ok?” I heard her say.

Suddenly I realised this wasn’t part of my fantasy; she was actually talking to me right now.

     “Sorry, What?” I replied not knowing what exactly she had said.

She stepped towards me with panic on her face.

     “Are you ok?” she asked softly.

     “It’s nothing.” I replied.

     “It doesn’t look like nothing. Let me take a look at it; is there a first aid kit or something around here?” she asked.

     “Yeah there should be one in the cupboard by the sink. Really Mia it’s fine I can sort it out myself.” I said trying to convince not to worry about it.

     “Just be quiet and sit at the table.” She said quiet forcefully, which put a small smile on my face and turn my on a little.

     “Yes Mia.” I replied playfully as I did as I was told and sat at the table.

I heard her chuckle a little as she rummaged through the cupboard. I knew exactly where it was but I wasn’t going to say anything I was enjoying watching bent over.

     “I hope you’re enjoying the view.” She said chuckling to herself.

    “Huh?” i replied caught completely off guard, I hadn’t noticed that she had looked over shoulder and was watching me.

She laughed as she headed towards me with the first aid kit in her hand. I felt my cheeks burn up, I was so embarrassed about being caught checking her out. she had a smile on her face and a look in her eyes that told me it was ok. It was almost as though she knew how much she was torturing me. I was pretty sure she was still unaware that she was my mate. I had noticed that since she had gone out shopping with Faith, she had a cheeky air of confidence about her. I like it. She placed the first aid box on the table and pulled chair, placing in closer to me. She sat down and opened the box; she took out a couple of packets of antiseptic wipes and some bandages. I watched as she quickly tied her hair up into a bun. She slowly unwrapped the towel, luckily the bleeding had stopped a little and I could tell it was already starting to heal. I noticed as her eyes widened as she looked at it.

     “How on earth did you manage to do this?” she asked full of concern which made me feel warm inside.

     “I punched the wall.” I replied trying not to make eye contact with her.

    “Why?” she asked as she took my hand in one hand and wiped it slowly with the other.

Her gentle touch gave me tingles; I had to the fight the urge to smile.

     “I don’t know. Frustration I guess.” I said hoping she wouldn’t ask me anymore questions.

    “It looks like you’ve dislocated a couple of knuckles.” She said she finished cleaning up the wound.

    “Yeah I thought I had.” I said as I took my hand and popped all the joints back into place.

Most people would have looked nauseous but not her it didn’t seem to faze her at all. She just grabbed a dressing and placed it over my knuckles and started to tightly wrap a bandage around it.

     “What had got you so frustrated?” she asked.

    “Not sure. Where did you learn to do all of this?” I asked hoping to change the subject.

     “My mother was a nurse; she taught me how to apply bandages and other stuff.” She replied as she finished up the bandage.

     “That makes sense; Wyatt always said she had healing hands.” I said looking down at the bandage.