"Have you been talking to my Mom lately?"

"She just came for a visit last time when you're out in a meeting. She just wanted to say hi and took me out for lunch." Mrs. Lewitt raised her eyebrows and telling him to be guilty for not giving quality time for his mother. And he surely got it; he should've called her mother and date suitable women.

But the problem was, he not only hated dating, he also hated himself always standing up dates and disappointing his date who clearly deserved better. But he really liked someone as a company, and well he also loves sex—he's a guy, it was a necessity. Why is it so hard to keep a woman who could be perfectly fine even if he is a workaholic?

"I know it's late, Mrs. Lewitt," Val said as he tried to change the topic and stood up as he gestured his assistant to the door. "Why don't you go home and take a rest. Spend more time with your family and I'll take the proposal to Humphrey?"

He would go straight ahead to Humphreys Mobile Enterprise, to personally handle the proposal to Leo Humphrey as a way of expressing his interest in dealing a business with them. Leo Humphrey had invented revolutionary models designed for LG, Samsung, Lenovo and HTC and Val intended to be Humphrey's project capital firm of choice. The partnership will lead a sizeable net market and generous yet long-term profit for both companies. Val will do everything to steal the deal, and he would never rest until his company hit the sweet spot of security. He has been the best and on top and he would never stop being in such position.

Val opened the door for Mrs. Lewitt to lead her out of his office, "Thanks, Mrs. Lewitt. By the way, I was thinking of having a gathering at my house to welcome Leo Humphrey in our company. Is it okay if you would consider planning it for me?"

"Basically, it's not my job to be also your wife, Val." Mrs. Lewitt straightened her mouth, for the whole eight years she'd been watching over Val running the business and has been technically involved in his personal life to keep him sane and with that she'd seen a lot.

With a hesitant laugh, Val said, "Well, obviously not. That's not part of your job description and is also beyond your scope of work." Except that, Val couldn't admit the truth that Mrs. Lewitt, had been always there for him. When his hair grew too long, she would schedule a haircut for him. On his mother's birthday, Mrs. Lewitt went on shopping to buy a gift for him. She had been most likely a second mother to Val and with that he was totally grateful. But the gathering for Leo Humphrey was basically not part of Mrs. Lewitt's function and she already had done so much for him.

"Well, it should be someone else's job description." Mrs. Lewitt pointed out.

"What? Should I hire a party planner?" Val suggested, that gave Mrs. Lewitt an apologetic look.

"Like a girlfriend. Or better yet a wife, if you can't find them. Hire them or you can just buy them so she can be yours as long as you want." She said with a nod. "You need someone to take care of you, Val. Not just in the office but also outside of it. She can chat with Leo to make him feel comfortable and make sure your life is running smoothly. Keep you warm at night."

Mrs. Lewitt gave out a teasing grin, but Val barely noticed. His mind was in deep thoughts.

Buy a wife.

Could that be possible? He couldn't help but thought. It seemed to be a perfect solution to all of his problem and very convenient. Val would have a permanent companion, one with no hidden agenda involving his assets and connections. One who would agree to his rules and won't ask anything in return. There'd be no guilt and hard feelings when she realized he was a total work freak, and could not give attention to her as a wife.