Chapter 14.

Hermione starred at herself in the mirror, her white dress flowing behind her. This was it, the Yule Ball was tonight. She leaned against her dresser, allowing her now curly hair hanging in front of herself. Her make- up was light, a little of smokey eye shadow. She stood, turning side ways in the mirror. What will he think? Did she look good enough? She scoffed, nothing like Pansy. She smoothed out her dress, walking into the clearing. Instantly, her eyes looked to a blonde, in a vest and a pair of dress pants. His back was to her, but she was looking at her. Pansy scowled, shoving Draco, who gazed at Hermione. Hermione began walking down the steps, Draco taking notice in how graceful she looked. She wasn't dressed in those robes, her face wasn't in a book, she was stunning. Draco didn't even hear what Pansy was saying, he was completely zoned out. He cleared his throat, tearing his eyes away. He followed her onto the dance floor, watching her dance with the blonde girl and fiesty red head. Hermione watched him the whole time, feeling captivated by his predator gaze. Draco nudged his head to a private room, and walked towards it. Hermione followed him, telling her friends she's going for drinks. Her heels clinking against the floor. She opened the door, seeing Draco looking at himself in the mirror. She walked behind him, smiling into the mirror. Draco checked her out in the mirror, his eyes raking over her. She shifted under his gaze, feeling like she didn't meet to his expectations. The music from outside echoed into the room, and Hermione took his hand. A slow beat song played, and she pulled him to her. Draco placed his hand in her waist, grasping her soft hand. She giggled, as they replayed what they did what felt so long ago. As the song ended, screams echoed from outside. Draco pulled her behind him, pulling out his wands. Suddenly, he remembered what Pansy was saying to him. "They're coming tonight." Draco dragged his fingers over his face, a stressful sigh escaping his lips. He turned back to Hermione, taking her hands. "I need you to stay here, Granger." He rushed, running out. Hermione reached her hand out after him, knowing she wasn't going to follow his orders. Draco saw his father, who was running to him. "Where have you been!" He sneered, his eyes blazing. Draco glared, looking away. Luna looked at Draco, betrayal in her eyes. Ginny stood forward, her wand pointed at Draco. "Everte Statum!" She yelled, changing direction at last second, sending Lucius flying. Draco watched his father crash into a table, struggling to stand. Hermione ran out, running bare foot. She watched Dalton, glaring at Draco. He raised his wand, opening his mouth to end his life. Hermione was quicker, taking out her wand, aiming at him. "Expulso!" She cried, causing an explosion to erupt next to him. Death eaters gathered around, dust over their faces. Ginny, Luna, Draco and Hermione were huddled together, wands pointed at them. Hermione clenched Draco's hand, and idea in her hand. "Stay with me." She whispered, her friends looking at them. "Fumos!" She yelled, running off as smoke filled the air. It was dark, barely able to see, but Hermione let her feet carry her. She pulled Draco and Ginny behind her, Luna struggling to keep up. She ran back into the Castle, running to the Room of Requirements. She knew they wouldn't get to them here. She turned to her friends, smoke and dust ruining their outfits. She felt rage build up in her, she raised her wand. "How dare you not mention this before? We could have died!" She rushed, ignoring the feeling of excitement. "I-I didn't know either, Granger. In case you haven't noticed, I don't get told many things." He replied, his teeth gritted. Hermione released a breath, Ginny and Luna sitting on the couch, watching them. "They're after us now!" She said, throwing her hands in the air. "I'm sure the teachers and Staff had handled it by now." Luna said, looking around the room. Draco walked towards her. She backed away, Her eyes filled with alert. He backed her into the shelf, his hand slithering along her waist. She released a breath, forgetting about her friends, forgetting about how she nearly died. Draco pulled her into his embrace, burying his head into his shoulder. "Merlin, I was so worried about you." He muttered, tightening his grip. Hermione melted, suddenly feeling bad about snapping at him. Draco pulled away, cupping her cheeks with his large hands. He didn't care that he friends were here, all he cared about was her. He pulled his face closer, pressing his lips onto her soft ones. She pulled his hair gently, loving how close he was. She didn't want it to end, finally having him kiss her. So what if she is a MudBlood, She's his MudBlood. Draco pulled away, laughing. Hermione rose an eyebrow, wondering what's funny. Draco pulled out his wand, aiming at her. "You filthy little MudBlood! You actually believed i cared about you? No one will care for you." He spat, and death eaters began forming around them. His father walked up, rubbing his shoulder. "Well done,Son." He said, and Draco turned away. Hermione blinked, watching them vanish. "Draco.." She muttered, falling to her knees. This can't be happening. She looked where he stood, seeing an apple. She crawled towards it, picking it up. The Apple was carved, words engraved into it. "This was to keep you safe; I'll find my way back to you, Hermione." She whispered, letting the apple roll out of her hands, tears staining her face.