Alpha's Princess

Today is the start of a new year at high school, and lets not forget my last year as well. I can feel the pressure from passing every exam already.

I pressed my face deeper into my pillow, blocking out the horrible screeching noise coming from my new alarm.

Much to my disgust I mentally convinced myself to walk towards my bathroom to shower all my sleepiness away. I'm Rachel Moore I promise you I am completely normal except I'm a werewolf and before you start pointing fingers and thinking 'but I thought werewolves were 17 year old guys with perfect tans and rock hard abs' I can assure you that werewolves aren't the only species with perfect tans and rock hard abs, believe me I've seen quite a few well built mortal males in my total 17 years of existence.

Stepping out of the shower I stare at my reflection, two shiny green eyes looking back at me. My long mahogany hair rolls down my back in wet curls. Small full plump pink lips and defined cheek bones, my body is toned and my hips are slightly curved which is a good thing thanks to my good pal chocolate.

Being a werewolf means we don't age, we get to 40 and then stop because we're fully developed. Since I was a pup I always planned on growing up to become a pack doctor.

My reputation at school isn't important, if I can keep my lifestyle a secret then thats all that matters. the school I go to is a mix of mortals and wolves, if we had a school built just for my kind then Its guaranteed someone would get nosey and find out about  our secret and so far we've kept it in the dark pretty well.

I'm not the school whore or the nerdy girl who spends her days in the library by herself, I was the girl that everyone knew and everyone liked, I had a small group of good friends that consisted of Jayden and Cassie. Cassie and I have been friends since year 1 but Jayden and I have been best friends since birth I would do anything for him and vise versa. All three of us are wolves which was great because we all get on like siblings and Jayden is seen as my brother by most of the pack, my parents have taken him in a their own son.

Werewolves have the ability to hear the thoughts of the people in their pack but not from other territories, the ability to read human mindset definitely a perk.

I snapped myself out of the trance I was put in while admiring my figure and searched through my wardrobe looking for something to cover my body.

"Mum, dad" I greeted as I walked into the kitchen,

My dad is the beta of our pack, the beta is the person closest to the alpha of the pack, alpha chose my dad because of how loyal and trustworthy he is.

I don't have a very big family, it's just me my mum and dad and I like it like that.

"Morning sweetie" my father and mother replied, dad sat at the end of the kitchen bench holding today's newspaper, his reseeding hairline just visible. Mum was filling a travel cup with some coffee for dad and I to take on our way out.

"So are you exited for your first day of year 12?"

Schools boring no matter what grade your in, there's still exams, tests, bitchy whores and don't forget that one super hot guy that you have a crush on all year.

"Kinda I can't wait to see everyone again" I quietly munched in my granola bar, enjoying the occasional flick of dads newspaper, mums slippers padding around the kitchen floor.