"I cannot leave until you get better," he said firmly. I smiled at his concern for me.

"I'll be fine, go. I would hate for thousands of fan girls to get upset just because of me."

Kurama was about to protest but I gave him a stern look. He shut his mouth and complied. It was sort of funny. I was still I child yet I still have as much control over him as I did when I was taller. 

Kurama left shortly. He kissed my forehead sweetly, wishing for me to get better before leaving.

I winced as the pain shot out and I fell to the ground. God, this is so irritating. I can't even take care of myself!

"Kasumi!" Nanami carried me into her arms. She didn't have the same embrace as Kurama. Kurama made me feel safe. I sighed, getting these hopeful thoughts out of my brain. Nanami will suffice for now. My own selfishness almost led to Kurama missing his concert.

She laid me down on the bed, right beside Tomoe. I let out a shaky breath, my temper flaring dangerously. My brother stared at me sadly before placing his hand on my forehead, checking my temperature. He immediately recoiled back as if he had been burned, his eyes wide.

"Kasumi, you're really hot," he said in disbelief. A small giggle escaped my lips.

"Gee, Tomoe, I never thought you would say that to me," I smiled, teasing him slightly. He rolled his eyes at me. Hey, I might be dying but I at least want to go down with a smile.

"Kasumi, Tomoe, I'm going to the super market. I'm afraid to leave you here so can you please come with me?" Nanami appeared at the door way. I nodded and tried to seat up. Key word: tried.

Nanami saw me struggling and took me into her arms. I sighed in annoyance. I hate not being able to do anything.

We walked out of Kurama's house with Tomoe walking beside us. Nanami and Tomoe chatted along the way while I kept quiet, my throat hurting a little. We were walking peacefully when...

"Master Tomoe!"

I opened my eyes to see Narukami's familiars. I narrowed my eyes at them. What are they dong here?

"We have been searching for you!" one of them said. Nanami's grip around me tightened. "We have come to escort you back, Master Tomoe."

"Lady Narukami is worried about your well-being and awaits you at the shrine," the another bowed.

I clutched onto Nanami's shirt, afraid of what might happen next.

Nanami argued with them to my surprise. She wouldn't give us up which made a heartwarming feeling wash over me. How can a human do that?

"I'll handle their problem somehow!" she said confidently, referring to us.

Tomoe's enchanted leaf drifted through the air before landing onto her back. It made her fall to the ground, unable to move. I gasped quietly as I tried to help her up. What is Tomoe doing?!

"You are incapable of doing anything," he stated. "So how could you do anything to save us, Nanami?"

Nanami said his name in surprise. If I wasn't so weak, I would have yanked his ears right off of his head. Why would he say such hurtful things to Nanami after what she's done to us?

"To live life being a burden to you... just the thought of it irritates me," Tomoe said. Hurt flashed in Nanami's eyes. I glared at my brother for being so inconsiderate.

"You there, lion-dogs. I will go to the shrine. Take me there," Tomoe commanded, walking towards them.

"Tomoe, are you really leaving?" Nanami asked, struggling to get up.